TomTom One XL - Traffic updates

dvdkid

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Tomtom One XL.

Can I get Traffic updates en-route other than using a RDS-TMC device, would a smart phone do that or any other device to give traffic updates as the new later versions of tomtom satnavs with their internal sims.

Is there any reason you cant use either of the TMC cables (usb & jack)?

Tap the TomTom One XL screen to access the main menu.

Touch the right arrow button to go to the second menu page, and touch "Manage Phones." A message appears informing you that you need to create a connection between the GPS device and your phone.

Tap "Yes" to continue. A second message appears.

Turn on your phone's bluetooth and make it discoverable. The Bluetooth options are located in the Settings section on many phones. Refer to the phone's manual for more information.

Tap "Yes" on the TomTom One XL to search for your phone. A list of available Bluetooth devices appears on the screen.

Touch the name of your phone in the list. Your phone displays a message prompting you to enter the passkey.
Enter "0000" as the passkey on your phone.

Select "Yes" or "OK" on your phone if you're prompted to accept the Bluetooth connection with the TomTom One XL. A "Congratulations" message appears when the phone and the TomTom One XL are paired.

Tap "Continue" twice on the GPS device.

Touch "Yes" if you want to use some of the additional TomTom services, such as TomTom Traffic. The TomTom One XL configures the wireless data connection. Tap "No" if you only want to use the hands-free calling feature and finish the phone connection set up.

Tap the name of your service provider or your phone model when prompted by the TomTom One XL, if you want to use additional TomTom services. Once connected, a congratulatory message appears.
Touch "Continue."

Enter your TomTom account username using the on-screen keyboard, and then tap "OK."
Type your TomTom account password and press "OK."

Last edited:
Thanks
Will try it out.
Currently don’t have a TomTom account.
Would this need to be sorted directly with TomTom before I attempt the link setup. ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom