TomTom one V4 Europe

wakeywarrior

Hi

Upgraded from my old PDA TomTom 5 (no new maps) to the new TomTom one v4 Europe. I understand that this has 1gb of internal memory, whereas the GB version only has 512m, hence you could never put the European Maps on it.

One question-I will want to put USA maps on this. When I look at TomToms website and go to purchase maps there are no maps at all for version 4, only version 3 (which also did not come with an sd card slot). Is it the case that the version 3 maps (there is a USA one, slightly reduced to under 1gb so it fits on the internal memory of the V3 1GB it says) actually work on V4? I read somewhere that 3 and 4 maps are now the same?

If yes, and I can just download the V3 map and put on my v4, what do I do with the European map which I presume I have to leave on my computer hard drive as there will not be enough room for both at same time? Presumably I can just swap the maps around at will?

Your help would be appreciated as I have not used one of these stand alone units before and cannot get answers on this anywhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom