TomTom one or TomTom Go 300 ?

WelshRich

Established Member
Reaction score
Cant see much difference in the spec of these two, which one would you recommend ?

bought the one myself as the chip in the one is much better than the go BUT the battery doesnt last as long on the one as the go (i get 4 hours 20 mins solid) but the quoted time on the one is much less than the real life battery.the speaker is better on the go aswell but to be honest the one is plenty loud for me.im sure a google will turn up a lot more info than me but id say go for the one myself.

SILVERBACK said:
bought the one myself as the chip in the one is much better than the go BUT the battery doesnt last as long on the one as the go (i get 4 hours 20 mins solid) but the quoted time on the one is much less than the real life battery.the speaker is better on the go aswell but to be honest the one is plenty loud for me.im sure a google will turn up a lot more info than me but id say go for the one myself.

You say the battery only lasts 4 hours but you can then plug into a ciggy lighter cant you !? Cheers

yes, at any time you can plug it into a 12v supply .
unless your going to do a lot of walking around instead of driving. The 2 hours on a ONE or 4+ hours on a GO shouldnt be a problem for you.
its plenty of time after a charge to take it indoors and do any updating on your PC

EDIT spelling and typos

yeah you get a cigarette lighter withi t but if you wont a home charger thats an extra 20 quid (cheeky buggers) but you can charge it off a psp charger if you have one.i get 4 hours out of my one without a 12v car connection so the book undersells the battery power straight away not sure about the go`s battery but i read a review of the one which said the go had a better battery and speaker.

Have you looked into the 510 at all? The 510 might alo be a good option against the ONE and 300.

I read this review on the TomTom one and Go's and the conclusion was the TomTom one was the better.

http://www.mytomtomgo.com/review_tomtom-one.php

This is generally the feedback I have got from many people.

TTOne
  • has a better mount
  • better more sensitive chipset
  • battery life is not as what TomTom say

on the other hand the 300 has
  • a bigger speaker
  • and a carry case

Didn't realise I had repeated much of what SILVERBACK said (I missed your post, sorry).

Anyway, Let us know your feedback but I haven't had much negative feedback on the TT One. Maybe cos its good value for money.

Let us know your feedback.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom