TomTom One & Nokia 6310i

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by happhhitachi, Dec 20, 2006.

1. happhhitachi

happhhitachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Am looking at a TT1 & TT+ Traffic, via my mobile phone/GPRS and have a couple of questions.

1) My Nokia 6310i is not listed as compatable on the TT site. Q Does anybody know it this will work, particulary interested if anybody who has this combo can comment.

2) Assuming the answer above is yes it will work, is the service any good? Does it accurately get traffic jam data and propose alternative routes.

All comment/opinion/suggestion welcome. :lease:

Thanks.

2. biguglydog

biguglydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Not 100% sure, but pretty sure it won't work with your current Phone, but just to start you off, I think you'll need a Symbian 60 Phone. I used to have it on my Nokia 6600, worked a treat too. So look for a List of Symbian Phones and start there :thumbsup:

3. happhhitachi

happhhitachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Bottom line ~ Yes the TT510 does talk to the Nokia 6310i I now have this combo working for TT traffic. :smashin:

I decided to take the plunge and got a TT510, mainly for the speed camera warnings and the traffic. I use the M42/M6 to commute every day and whilst its OK most of the time it does block up on occasions and it it frustrating when it does. The traffic aint going to get any better any time soon and the Government have spent a fortune on roadside cameras (M42 around the airport) giant overhead signs and ......they serve no usefull purpose whatever. Traffic alerts over the radio are completely useless, they tell you about jams that are either miles away or ........the one you are already stuck in :mad:

Got the system up and working but still early days so no comment as to how effective the system is in getting useful data and keeping you out of a jam.