TomTom ONE and hands free connection

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by volvofl10, Aug 28, 2006.

1. volvofl10

volvofl10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    has anyone experienced problems connecting a bluetooth phone to there Tomtom device ?
    I just bought a "ONE" for the wife, but cannot get it to stay connected to a Nokia 6310i ( the common orange phone business's use with the hands free fitted cradle )

the Tomtom lets you find and connect to the phone, but within seconds of "finding" and connecting to it, the phone tells me the bluetooth connection is dropped .

i don't want to make use of the traffic updates trial, just for her to be able to use it as a hands free device if the phone rings while shes driving .

any thoughts or ideas please? , Thank you in advance

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,155
    I maybe wrong (I tried a TomTome One for a couple of days), but I don't think the TomTom One supports handsfree. I think you need the 710 or 910 for that.

3. volvofl10

volvofl10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Jules
    thank you for your reply. You are quite Correct that the Tomtom ONE doesn't have the facility to be used as a hands free kit .
    I wrongly assumed that all Tomtom's now had this facility. Its not a vital thing my wife needs though, so all is not lost.
    since posting i went back to Halfords to enquire, and the lowest level Tomtom that has bluetooth hands free is the 510 , which for what my wife needed is too expensive ( 350 as opposed to 200 pounds).