1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomtom Navigator 3

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ledzep100, Mar 14, 2005.

1. ledzep100

ledzep100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know if it's possible to get Tomtom Navigator 3 Bluetooth kit for less than this, £158.90. delivered's not bad at all but I wouldn't want to find it cheaper after parting with me hard earnd cash :eek:

Not sure about the company anyone else ever used them?

2. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't think so (but I have not checked)

I find them to be one, if not the cheapest place for a wide range of GPS stuff

3. Genghisackroyd

Genghisackroyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 1st post... :hiya:

Might be worth hanging on as they have just announced at CeBit a new range of software and BT GPS (not due till April/May).

BTW If you do go ahead, make sure you check out the BT receiver as I have heard that there have been one or two problems with it/its power supply. (that one of the reasons for the new BT GPS.

(FTR I am not connected with any PDA/software company.)

4. ledzep100

ledzep100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome Genghisackroyd,

Don't you hate it when you make your mind up about buying a bit of technology then you find out there's a newer shinier version availible in a few weeks, but it always takes months, and which in reality isn't that much better :suicide:

B*****ds

I see that they're gonna do upgrades from Tomtom 3 for 49 or 59 euro's though. That only leaves the new GPS receiver as a factor. Surely the the older ones couldn't be that bad?

Has anyone got the Tomtom receiver and if so have they had any battery problems?

If anyone has Tomtom 3 running on an MDA Compact I'd glad to hear of their experiences (not those ones :eek: ).
    ledzep

5. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I Have the Tom Tom Receiver and haven't experienced any probs with battery life but in saying that it stays plugged into the cigar lighter 24/7 :eek:

6. Genghisackroyd

Genghisackroyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am aware that there was a problem with Tomtom's BT connection - in that it didn't like to share it with any other device. The fix was to use an older GPS driver (2.07 I think with the latest Nav Software (3.07 I think) - you will need to check.

You might like to have a look at a dedicated Pocket GPS website Pocket GPS (there are others I am sure but it's a start ;) )