TomTom Map Updates

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Fatti, May 8, 2007.

1. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I purchased a TomTom Go 710 a few months ago, registered it etc and recently had an email from TomTom saying the new 2007 maps are available. I went to the TomTom shop and Step 3 of 4 for Buy a New map says 'Enter Promotion Code'.

The Whats This? states "A promotion code entitles you to a free up-to-date version of your original map. It can be found on the Map Voucher inside your TomTom product box"

Are these promotion code as they suggest, something put in by certain suppliers as an incentive to buy from them or are they supplied in the all the boxes. The box was shrink-wrapped so the suppliers couldn't couldn't have slipped one in before sending it. I've searched all the stuff that came with it and can't find any map voucher :confused:

2. DGP999

DGP999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the TT1 v2 GB model, it came with a small attached folded card on the box with a promo code for the speed camera stuff. It was inside the cellophane wrapping. A selling point was made that it was included. I guess it depends on where and when you bought the TT as to whether there is a promo code included and how the particular TT was being advertised.

3. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks DGP999...guess the retailer wasn't running any promotions. Looks like I'll have to fork out for the new maps :(