Question Tomtom hands free calling

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by sparky33, Jan 31, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sparky33

sparky33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi guys, got a GO610 for Xmas as a replacement for my 540 live, main reason was lifetime map updates and speed cameras included as opposed to the £47 py subscription on the 540 live, great bit of kit, some much needed improvements, much clearer instructions, but dismayed by what they have removed.

The main disappointment being the removal of the hands free calling features, including text message reading.
    I used my old unit for that more than for directions, so I'm bemused as to why they would remove it, it can't be down to cost cutting as it's a software not hardware feature, and the unit still connects to your phone to use it's data for live services and My Drive.

I appreciate that a lot of modern cars have bt built in these days, but there are millions in use that don't.

The other thing removed, Google search, replaced by their own address and POI search, which is woefully inadequate.

So to my question, is anyone aware of any third party apps for hands free that can be installed?