TomTom GO 910

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by sharonw64, Feb 4, 2009.

1. sharonw64

sharonw64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, newbie here who is in desperate need of some help.
    My partner has a GO 910 tomtom and I'm supposed to be putting music on it for him. I'm using stuff already stored on our computer (Windows Media) - I'm following the instructions, but when he logs on to the tomtom the music is listed but when he chooses it it just says "no match found".
    I've been on to tomtom, but for a computer thicko like me, they're just blinding me with science and asking me more questions (have I put it into mp3 format ??!?! :()
    I haven't got a bloody clue what I'm doing now, and am getting into more of a flap that before.
    Can somebody PLEASE - IN SIMPLE ENGLISH tell me what I can do to get OH's music on?!
    I'm begging you ..........
    Thanks
    Sharon

2. sprinty

sprinty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Firstly, have you got the music on your computer in mp3 format? These are the files that the tom tom can play.

If not you will have to convert them to mp3. If you have no means to do this on your computer try googling for a programme called CDex. Not the easiest to use, but it works well once you understand it. What you are needing is do is converting wav files (cd type) to compressed audio files. (mp3)

When you browse the tom tom drive using windows explorer you should see a folder called (ithink because it is on my 720) mp3 just drag and drop your mp3 music files in there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009