TomTom 910

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Ferguson9, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Ferguson9

Ferguson9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Anyone got one of these?

Im thinking of getting one for about £200 off ebay.

Been reading reviews and it sounds like its got a lot of good features but there seems to be a few problems with it also.

Should I go for it or not?

By the way, I cant seem to find any tomtom that has an excellent review, they all seem to have some problems with them!

2. Chrisvw

Chrisvw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got one off ebay - it was a factory refurbished one with 1 yr warranty.

I have had no problems with it apart from an occasional need to reset it with a paper clip, although this has only happened twice in the 3 months I have had it.

The bluetooth phone works very well as long as you plug the mic in. The text message reading is brilliant as is the speech directions with road names. I have also put some mp3s on it that I plug into the car stereo (saves carrying loads of cds in the car).

It is easy to udate with poi's and though I have not yet used it in America (will do when we go to Florida), the mapping seems fine when I have been messing and setting up my favorites.

There is a lot of talk about dodgy mounts where the tomtom begins to hang down, I think a lot of this is because, the mount has 2 clicks, one to secure it and the second click to lock it, if you dont click it twice it will slip down, otherwise solid as a rock.

I would definately recomend one.

Chris

3. Ferguson9

Ferguson9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks a lot. That puts my mind at rest a little anyway as I have just bought one off ebay, refurbished too. What is the quality like, is it basically like brand new?

Also, do you know how much it costs to update speed cameras, maps etc?

How long did it take to arrive also by the way as I think it may be coming from America?

Thanks for the reply

4. Chrisvw

Chrisvw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine off someone on ebay who is called emillyandlilly, they seem to sell a lot of refurbs and it was sent within a couple of days from the within the uk.

Dont know about map updates but I got my speed cameras from pocketgpsworld.com, they charge £2 I think for the database download.

The unit came fully sealed in a box and all of the bits and bobs were in sealed plastic bags, if it did not have a refurb seal on the box, I would not have been able to tell it wasnt brand new.

Chris

5. Ferguson9

Ferguson9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Mine was bought off emilyandilly too so thats good :)

How come you had to reset it? And does this reset all your settings etc or just restart it?

6. Chrisvw

Chrisvw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once because the pc would not recognise it, reset it and it worked fine, a second time it would not switch on, quick push of the reset button and it has worked fine ever since.

Chris