TomTom 6 and M6 Toll

delanoster

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with Tomtom 6 know how to make it automatically use the M6 Toll?

At the moment I have to plan the route then ignore the protestations of TomTom until it realises what I'm doing.

Changing the Toll Road options in the preferences doesn't help either.

Does anyone with Tomtom 6 know how to make it automatically use the M6 Toll?

At the moment I have to plan the route then ignore the protestations of TomTom until it realises what I'm doing.
Just ignore it! For some reason my TomTom always plans using the M6 Toll when I am Southbound but never when going North - presumably it has latched onto my desire to stay/get South! Regardless it is only a matter of minutes and it's not as if the M6 Toll isn't clearly signposted.

Just ignore it! For some reason my TomTom always plans using the M6 Toll when I am Southbound but never when going North - presumably it has latched onto my desire to stay/get South! Regardless it is only a matter of minutes and it's not as if the M6 Toll isn't clearly signposted.
Yeah I remember seeing that last time I went to visit my parents in Blackpool. I recall at the time the forums reckoned the maps only knew about the toll road Southbound - Northbound it has you flying across fields!

Thanks for your replies.

It seems like an odd omission by Tomtom, but it is only a minor niggle and it’s not like I have to use the Toll road everyday.

Thanks for your replies.

It seems like an odd omission by Tomtom, but it is only a minor niggle and it’s not like I have to use the Toll road everyday.
Wasn't it only opened in one direction originally? Perhaps the maps were just published at the wrong time?

I activated my Tomtom Traffic trial yesterday and plotted a route that involved the M6 north past Birmingham. I was warned of a 54 minute delay and replotted, guess what; it took the toll road!

It would seem that the fastest route is along the normal M6 (assuming the same speeds and no delays) so that is why it always chooses it. I feel happier now!

Thanks again for all the contributions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom