• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TomTom 520T or 720T plus USA maps advice

disney_cjd

Hi all

Some helpful advice if you would. We are selling our car which had a Ford DVD Sat Nav in it. Our new car does not have this so I want to buy a unit. I am probably going to go with a Tom Tom and like the 720 or 520 both T versions.

One thing i will want to buy extra for it is the US maps which you can get from the Tom Tom web site for 35GBP at the moment. This is a lot cheaper then buying the 920 which has them built in.

My question is though ...

How do you get the US maps on the 520 or 720? when i have changed the model for which I am purchasing these maps from the Tom Tom website it dramatically changes the downloaded file size from like 930MB for the 520 to like 1750MB for the 720.

What extra are you getting on the 720?

Also, do I have to uninstall the UK maps?

Sorry if this is a daft question but I do not seem to find the answer on the Tom Tom web site.

Thanks again
Craig

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom