Tomtom 5 PLUS Traffic service

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Butch499, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Butch499

Butch499

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Is anyone using this service with TT 5 on a PDA? I am looking for details on how well this works and whether it is wortwhile.

Any advice? I run TT5 on a hp2210 PDA, and would bluetooth to a Nokia 6680 out to Vodafone live! 3G/UTMS to pick up trafic updates. What would I need to do to ger the PLUS Traffic service to connect to the internet via my phone? I have to say I checked TomTom's own site and found it really hard to workout how this would be setup.

Cheers.

2. fnloud

fnloud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi mate

I run two tomtom 700s and Tomtom mobile on a nokia 6600 and the system is really, really good. The traffic setup is very easy, go through the setup procedure via the tomtom software and it does it all for you. My phone is setup for web access ordinarily, and if yours isn't it may be worth calling your provider to have the web access setup sent to your mobile (vodafone did this in my case) if you do have problems.

All in all the tomtom software and mapping has proven to be very reliable and accurate in my experience.

Just make sure your phone can get web access first i guess!

3. marklintonarnol

marklintonarnol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i run Tomtom mobile 5 on my nokia 6680. It works perfectly but i have tried traffic for 1 month for free and it is crap i was often driving at 70mph down a road that told me it had traffic and it had just updated via GPRS so dont bother with it.

4. Butch499

Butch499

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Well, a couple of 'black & white' shades of opinion there!

I decided to subscribe, and sure enough, I cannot get my hp2210 PDA to kick off a GPRS connection to my provider, Vodafone live!

I tried Vodafone UK to download the Connect Me! package, but I live and work in the Netherlands, so I have the added complication of trying to fight my way through the Dutch language on Vodafone.nl web pages in order to understand what I need to do. The phone is now ready to go, it's a 3G service I'm on so so connecting to the web is not the problem. It's what needs to be set on the PDA that is stopping me from getting a connection. This is running an English version of PPC2003, so should be simple to follow. Anyone able to help set up the necessary Bluetooth connection to my Nokia 6680?