1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow never dies on itv

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by MrFurious, Jan 15, 2003.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,816
    This one is much better than die another day in my opinion.the score is cracking!!!i have it on sp editin dvd r1 in a silver case but still find myself watching it while surfing here!!!

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    So what was you opinion on Die Another Day?

3. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,816
    i was enjoying the fisr hour or so...the capture,torture,release,meeting jinx and all that,but then the car came along!!!and the bad guy was not that bad,too ginger too be scary,the frost girl was pathetic,so,was trhe whole ice palace escaping in the rocket car falling over the cliff then surfing on in bit,i did enjoy the plane falling appart and brosnan was looking real good in the role now,also the ending was good because it was filmed about 3 miles up the coast from me and i reconised it straight away,watched them set up the sequence from a distance.oh and before i stop...I HATED THE TITLE SONG....it will be skipped forward when on dvd!!cheers

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    That was my quote in an other thread I too thought the film fell apart as well at the Ice Palace and was enjoying it up to then.
    They also touted Jinx as James Bonds meets a female equal for the first time so what about Major Anya Amasova and Wai Lin in tonight’s film they said the same for them!!

5. Weird Wolf

Weird Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It looked and sounded great as well.....very few compression artifacts visible and decent pro-logic surround fx too!!

Considering they hardly had a script before shooting this movie and was made in a mad rush to meet a stupid release date, it came out pretty well.

Ta-ra!

6. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,816
    My favorite bonds happen to be the dalton one,s,the living daylights being my all time best,love the volante now thats a car!the score for the living daylights is also one off the best,of course this is just my opinion,the best brosnan effort is tomorrow never dies,the end title song much much better than the madonna effort...urgh.....youre right about that so called song being totally out of place in the die another day movie.what do the edditors do???they must have noticed how crap it sounds!!!again my opinions....and where did 20th century fox come in to it???sorry rant over now garrett.please refresh me on the moneypenny joke??

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    he was a lot better than the bad guy in TND, jonathan price how shall I ham thee?!:rolleyes:

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    You seem a guy after my own heart as far as the Bond films Living Daylights is my favourite Bond film, only the other day I posted my top 10 films and it was the only Bond amongst them. Licence to Kill is my second favourite Bond also. I liked the way Tim played him and the stories were more creatable rather than the sci-fi global domination stuff that they had followed in most of the stories. Possibly why FRWL is my next favourite.
    Possible Joke Spoiler, The Moneypenny joke was at the end of the film when Bond comes into the office and starts to ravish her, then you her the voice of Q and it turns she was on the virtual reality machine.

9. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,816
    i remember that bit now,that was a good idea.have you got living daylights on dvd?luckily i bought it when it first came out as a sp edition because it is well expensive on e bay because it isnt in the shops now.Don,t suppose you have an address for tim dalton so i can ask for an autograph???

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    Yes I got it when it came out also on SE, it is my most played disc. I thought the opening sequence the best Bond opener and Tim did the stunts as well.
    Sorry no address for Tim I wouldn’t mind an autographed photo myself.

I was sick that they got into legal wranglings after Licence and they ended up only making two films with Tim in total, It must have been the cures of the Mexican location (see the documentary on that DVD).

11. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never got what tim dalton was trying to do with the bond character.
    Sean Connery was the closest to the 'book' Bond even if Ian Fleming did say "That jock has ruined my character". After Sean, the Bond film character became something completely different to the book character even if they were still using fleming's stories. Rooger Moore's portrayal was just plain awful, a real product of the 70s/80s. I liked Lazenby better than Moore or Dalton, I think the fact he had never acted before didn't help.

Dalton wasn't smooth enough, which I still think is an important part of Bond, he wasn't that bad just not that good either IMO.

Brosnan is fantastic and is now my favourite Bond. Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies (apart from Jonathan Price) were both ok Bond films. But I was very impressed with Die Another Die. It took it back to those supervillian 'take over the world' Bonds but updated the look and feel of the Bond character who before this was still stuck in the Cold War, Lee Tamahouri's direction was great in that respect.

12. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    I think Timothy Dalton role as a Bond seems to be one of those, you ether think he was the best or the worst, although there is as always some in the grey area. Having read All of Ian Flemings Bond Books bar the very last one I think Timothy’s portrayal of him was the nearest to the books, and that is where he was coming from and the makers intention. Even Desmond agreed.
    I think Sean version was a user and ruthless, Rogers was sex and comedy, George probably had the hardest script to pull off, Timothy I could see trait of a human being and at time driven by emotion I liked the stories as well as said above nearer to reality, Bronsan I can see a bit of the others in him but least of all Roger.