Tomorrow, I will die

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In October I went to Comic Con, with Louise.

I couldn't bear to take flat lighting portraits, and I devised a mobile strategy where Louise would hold off-camera lighting for a key light, whilst I had fill on camera.

I got results like

IMG_0532 by dancook1982, on Flickr

and this

IMG_0640 by dancook1982, on Flickr

Well I'm going back this year with my 200mm f2, which of course is going to be no good in a crowded hallway - so that will be just for outside (I suspect.........)

Louise isn't coming with me this time, so I'm on my own when it comes to lighting.. and I really can't bare to take a step backwards from last year....

So.... I have a setup based on last year - which I can wield alone.. and this is why I'm going to die.

(ignore the garden we're in the middle of landscaping it..)

DSC_0116.JPG

Blimey!! think you should spend a little more time sorting out your garden?? if it is yours :devil:

Blimey!! think you should spend a little more time sorting out your garden?? if it is yours :devil:

I demolished the concrete path leading up it, we've leveled the ground and are reseeding grass - making flower beds around it. Getting rid of hedging and sheds... :p we are doing it!

With all the gear you bought you could have employed a whole army of landscapers to finish your garden for you :devil: ;)

You have some serious dedication to photography. When it it?

With all the gear you bought you could have employed a whole army of landscapers to finish your garden for you :devil: ;)

You have some serious dedication to photography. When it it?

I'd rather do the work myself and spend my money on camera gear :p although we're paying for the hedge removal... and then next up is replacement of double glazing.

Comic Con is tomorrow, doors open at 9am ...early start! off to excel in London.

I've gotta carry this around all day + 200mm f2.. this is going to be some workout.

Look forward to the pics, last years were great. See if you can get Princess Leia in the gold bikini this time ;)

Look forward to the pics, last years were great. See if you can get Princess Leia in the gold bikini this time ;)

:) I'll do what I can .....I won't have Louise to judge me :D

Wish I was there. Look forward to the pics. Good luck!

:) I'll do what I can .....I won't have Louise to judge me :D
Lol, it was tongue in cheek to be honest. I used to watch too much Friends ;)

Looks like it's a wet one today, maybe you should take a shorter lens you can use inside?

Looks like it's a wet one today, maybe you should take a shorter lens you can use inside?

85mm is my short inside lens, I have that and the 200mm.. Various lighting bits. On train now

looking forward to seeing your shots Dan - hope you get some half decent weather as well - and I made a special effort not to fix your post for you ;)

Yea i cant wait to see it. did not know it was on today else i probably would have gone too but its ok, i have a couples photo shoot to do soon . stay tune for that!

im a bit drunk after my mate and her BF got me drunk slowly during the shoot lol

"obviously" :p

Great bit of kit they are. cant go wrong with lastolite.

How was your day?

Great bit of kit they are. cant go wrong with lastolite.

How was your day?

Exhausting, the lighting was hit and miss - I mean sometimes I got the light I was after, sometimes not. It's a lot to think about with everything else going on. I will have to coerce Louise next time with treats.

I will post a few up shortly, just done some quick processing

yup 38cm, i also have 22cm

Thanks. I got it on my list to buy for a while now. Using a translucent white umbrella when needed, but it is a bit too prone to wind blows and already had to dive to save my flash when on a stand couple of times.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom