Tombstone Vista Series - bad transfer

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there got this disc? I recently got this as I love the film and already had the EIV R2 version which I sold a little while back. Anyway I upgraded to the collectors edition package as I now have a projector and want to get the most out of it (anomorphic etc.)

To my horror the picture looks absolutely awful!! It looks fine on my 28" widescreen Tv but at 6ft it looks pants! Ghosting everywhere (which I assume is Edge Enhancement). Its such a let down as its a great big screen movie.

Anyone else notice this ?

Donnacha

That is quite ironic.

I bought the vista series edition of this fim and watched it on a rear projection tv. It looked really good to me and I started thinking how great it would look through a projector, which I ended up buying.

I havent watched the film again through the projector, but I will be disappointed if it is as bad as you say.

No probs with my copy on PJ :)

I've only watched it on a 32" screen, but I have to say, I thought it looked sweet

This is one nasty transfer, BIG EE and generally poor quality video. Pity because the film is great.

Phew Jeff!! - I'm glad its not just me then!

On the telly it does look good, but awful (thru s-vid mind you) on PJ.

great film though

Donnacha

Originally posted by Donnacha
great film though

Donnacha

I though it was an okay film.

Do you like any other Westerns:confused:

Its just that compared to Unforgiven or The Outlaw Josey Wales or even The Good The Bad And The Ugly I thought it was pretty ordinary.

yeah I like westerns - Unforgiven (v.good), the Magnificent Seven (classic) etc.

Tombstone to me is a popcorn western - it has great one-liners, some great scenes, a great Val Kilmer performance and some moments that make the hairs on your neck stand-up ("Hell's coming with me" scene).

Its not a western that would be artistically or critically acclaimed but for sheer fun and entertainment its the biz! IMO. I loved it at the cinema and still do.

Even my girlfriend loves it! Its one of the few films that she could watch no matter what mood she's in!! Must be that Kurt Russell fella!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom