1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Waits

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by barrykil, Apr 5, 2003.

1. barrykil

barrykil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    been listening to blood money for the last month a brilliant album, got to get some more of his stuff but theres so much to pick from also got some of his early materiel (rain dogs) and even this stands the test of time utterly brilliant a superb musican and man what a voice

2. Dronach

Dronach
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should buy anything you can that Tom Waits makes. Would be in my godlikegenius nomination list. Favourites are Small Change and Franks Wild Years.

3. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Barrykil

If you don't have it, 'Alice' is on a nice-price for the month of April from independent record stores, according to an advert in this month's UNCUT magazine. I prefer 'Blood Money' but 'Alice' is a very close 2nd.

I always recommend 'Raindogs' as the one to start with. It's my favourite ; more accessible than some of his other stuff.

Would also recommend 'Bone Machine', 'SwordfishTrombones', 'Mule Variations', 'Heartattack & Vine'. I'm not too familiar with his early stuff but 'Nighthawks at the Diner' is also supposed to great.

4. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Tom Waits the guy with the beautifully growly voice? I think he does a version of "waltzing Matilda" on the Old Grey whistle test DVd, which, BTW, is a great DVD. Whispering Bob Harris and all that, mmmmmmm.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Whistle Test Years 1977 other night.