Tom Tom or Garmin???? Help?

clarkkent

Standard Member
Reaction score
Whats the best deal tom tom one GB at £182.95 or Garmin c510 at £149.99 ??????? Whats the better deal :confused: :lease:

I had the c320, from the serie bevor the c500s, it always worked well.

And at any rate is the handling easier at Garmin.

Do a search, someone had the tom tom one discount codes for currys, dropped it down to £160! bargain if you ask me! :thumbsup:

My Dad bought the Garmin C510 for a week before he took it back at exchanged it for the TomTom One.

The hardware of the Garmin is excellent, but the software lets it down. Its very easy and simple to use which is good. Anyone could pick it up and us it, but when you want to starting add waypoints etc and use POI's it starts to struggle.

TomTom is the much better overall package, and still simple to use.

The Tom Tom 1 is kicking arse at the moment in Sat Nav reviews in mags such as T3. It's been said their fast becomming the Ipod of the sat nav world. I think it's because their software and interface work well, but higher up the price scale Garmin get just as good results as Tom Tom.

So get a Tom Tom one and hunt that discounted price on it, use froogle.
Dixons have it for 182:
http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=289848&camp_id=froogle

But do search around.

I have (in my wifes car) a Garmin C310 and have also have tomtom 6 on pda, but not a tomtom 1.

Overall the Garmin is much better than the TomTom for ease of use and seems faster in calculating routes and recalculating when taking a wrong turn. Adding POI is a breeze also on the Garmin using the supplied software, but the same can be said for the TomTom

However, they are both very good products.

Just my 2 cents.

Martin

I purchased the Tom Tom 1 and road tested it yesterday from London to Scunthorpe it did a grand job. From reviews that i have read it is very popular...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom