Quantcast

tom tom go died?

bulletmagnet

bought a tom tom 500 on wednesday this week and its been working fine, plugged it into the dcar today and all i get is the green light, nothing at all on the screen?

any ideas anyone?

J

_Jon

bulletmagnet said:
bought a tom tom 500 on wednesday this week and its been working fine, plugged it into the dcar today and all i get is the green light, nothing at all on the screen?

any ideas anyone?
I experienced this problem at the weekend! to fix it turn you tom tom upside down and you will see a reset hole. You will need a pin or the end of an earing to put in that whole to reset the system. It worked with mine at the weekend, but I dont know what caused the issue in the first place. Let me know if that fixes the problem. When you are doing the reset you will need to have it connected via the mains adaptor.

K

Kgeoff

Jon

Thanks for your tip on the dead screen issue on the Tom Tom one. This is the 2nd one I've had now. When it happened the 1st time I took it back to the manufacturer as I thought it was faulty. They excahanged it and it worked fine until the same thing happened again today. I thought I'd check the internet before taking it back a 2nd time.

Anyway tried your solution and it worked. At least I know what to do next time. Did you ever find out why this happens - will check Tom Tom site to see if there are any known issues

Thanx again

runner125

Novice Member
It's happened to my TomTom One twice as well. Always cured by the reset button. I don't know if it was a coincidence but both times it happened to me the battery was really low, in fact about to die. Maybe that's the reason for not wanting to boot up.
:confused:

Nick_UK

Banned
Maybe static electricity ? There's a lot of it about in this dry, cold weather.

J

_Jon

Kgeoff said:
Jon

Thanks for your tip on the dead screen issue on the Tom Tom one. This is the 2nd one I've had now. When it happened the 1st time I took it back to the manufacturer as I thought it was faulty. They excahanged it and it worked fine until the same thing happened again today. I thought I'd check the internet before taking it back a 2nd time.

Anyway tried your solution and it worked. At least I know what to do next time. Did you ever find out why this happens - will check Tom Tom site to see if there are any known issues

Thanx again
Glad it worked:thumbsup:

I've never found out but it hasn't occured since.