Tom Tom GO 910: Navigation + MP3 use

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Efkay, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Efkay

Efkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sneeks had earlier enlightened me about the limitations of using multiple waypoints with Garmin, so have been taking a much closer look at the Tom Tom GO 910.

My journeys tend to be cross-country and here I'm talking the length and breadth of France and adjoining countries, so I thought I'd like the benefit of having an integrated mp3 player, hence why I've now turned my attention to this particular model.

Despite reading the pdf manual I cannot establish whether the mp3 player can be used at the same time as the TT in navigation mode, ie, will the mp3 player's sound turn off/go quiet when a navigation instruction is announced. Maybe it's either one or the other - can anyone enlighten me please?

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

2. ace_brodie

ace_brodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    hi efkay

i have the 910, i also bought the FM transmitter from the US (you can get them on line)

This is a fantastic solution for mp3s on the move and full navigation. you can tune you car radio into a freequency you set and the music, navigation instructions and telephone audio come through your cars speakers. the mp3 will play and will pause when a navigation instruction is being read out. So yes, both can be used.

If you dont get the fm transmitter, the sound will just come out of the tt speaker.

Andy