Tom Tom 700 or Road Angel Navigator?

sean_numark

i cant make my mind up betwwen these 2? i want it to be able to alert me of speed cameras aswell you see. i know the Road Angel Navigator is good for this but is the software you add to the Tom Tom 700 any good for speed cameras?

please help me make my mind up!!!

Cheers

Sean

S

sooperscoop

The download for speed camera for TT700 is quick and easy - however one downfall is that the data is only for location, not direction, so it triggers for cameras intended for the other direction.

The RA doesn't have this problem but the software is nowhere near as polished and I've heard it can be buggy. I'm sure www.pocketgps.co.uk forums will enlighten you more.

sean_numark

cheers for the advice sooperscoop, i would have thought that the road angel would have been better for cameras since it come from road angel (speciaist camera detectors) and has only just come into the sat nav part of the business with this new one. i will do some searching on that website you gave me (cheers for that) i think this is a hard 1 to call.

can you also tell me does the tom tom 700 tell you every type of speed camera?

cheers

lynx

It won't alert to the presence of mobile cameras nor will it alert if the gatso is actually switched on.I use a combination of Navman iCN and a Beltronics detector.

sean_numark

hi Lynx - which one are you talking about? Road Angel Navigator or Tom Tom 700?

lynx

Since both are gps devices the coment is applicable to both...they can only overlay your road position with known threat locations - they are not acually detecting radar (thats what the Beltronics detector is for).

sean_numark

ok ive bought a Road Angel Navigator now (good idea or bad i dont know yet) so can you just plug the beltronics detector into the road angel navigator?

lynx

No. The Bel is a stand-alone radar detector.

sean_numark

ok i think i will look for one of them aswell now, are they easy to install?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom