tom tom 1 new edition v3

syko

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a tom tom 1 europe edition and tom tom have just put a new version (v3) on the market and looks like it's more expensive does any one know the difference is it better or shall i just snap up an old version 2 for less money?

thanks

I have a tomtom one v2 GB the only difference is the v3 has a wide screen. But when i looked in pcworld at the v3 it looked very chunky compared to my v2. The good thing about the v2 is that it is small enough to fit into a jacket pocket. I dont think the extra money for the v3 is worth it. Hope this helps:)

thanks for the reply but i think thats the XL your thinking of they've released a new model that is the same dimensions but metallic silver comes in GB and europe just can't work out if the new software features are better or not? it's about £30 more??:confused:

Yes i did mean the XL version, thats what i thought you ment sorry:rolleyes: I did not know there was a V3 as well:rotfl:

yes crazy a?! nearly brought one yesterday glad i waited a day just got to try and see if it's worth it now!!

I just had a look at the specs of the v3. It has a newer gps reciever, some more software updates and a 512mb internal memory were mine has 32mb. But mine seems quick enough. But if i was buying again for the first time i would go for the v3 as i all ways like to have the latest version i can afford:D

thanks guys for your help, sounds like it's def worth going for new version going to get it tomorrow!
will tell you how i find it.:thumbsup::clap::smashin:

im a bit confused - looking to get either tomtom v2 tomtom v3 or tomtom xl but can't figure out definitively what the diff between the three is.

most tempted to get the XL, but is the XL a bigger-screen version of the v2 or a bigger screen versino of the v3?? because as per tomtom's website it only has 32MB RAM (same as v2) as opposed to the 512MB of the v3. also doesn't mention anything about TomTom HOME which the v3 does mention.
so by the sound of it, it's a bigger V2 --- but according to the various opinions i've read, thats not necessarily a bad thing .. even on tomtom's website, v2 sells for more than v3, and other ppl have said it's better, quicker, has bluetooth which v3 is missing.....

and i've also read in other forums that v3 has 1GB internal memory? what's that all about?!?

does tomtom's description of these models really suck or does it really really suck...

looking to order it very very soon, saturday if poss... please someone tell me whats the deal??http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/please.gif
:lease:
otherewise...http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/suicide.gif
:suicide:

The V3 runs Navcore Version 7, where the V2 run Version 6. The interface is a little slicker, as are the maps, and it has other features like custom cursors (have your own car on the screen, rather than the arrow etc). The biggest feature update is Map Share. I would not sell a V2 for a V3, but if you dont own one yet is worth getting V3 due to future map updates etc. Also, there is a really cheap V3 without bluetooth that can be had for around £130.

The V3 runs Navcore Version 7, where the V2 run Version 6. The interface is a little slicker, as are the maps, and it has other features like custom cursors (have your own car on the screen, rather than the arrow etc). The biggest feature update is Map Share. I would not sell a V2 for a V3, but if you dont own one yet is worth getting V3 due to future map updates etc. Also, there is a really cheap V3 without bluetooth that can be had for around £130.

thanks autopilot - in fact the v3 that currys are selling for 139.99 claim to have bluetooth..

so now i've gotta decide between the v3 and the XL.. any idea if the XL is a widescreen version of the V3 or the V2? the tomtom website seems to suggest its more like a V2 (it has 32MB RAM vs "512MB Memory" of the v3): http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=340&Category=0&Lid=1

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom