1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom & Jerry

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dirk 2, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why (apart from an indifferent R4 compilation) are these masterpieces not available.

These cartoons should be remastered, placed on disc in order of production and marketed as a box set.

Some (approximately 8 I think) were shot in "cinemascope" and should be available as such.

I was raised on Tom & Jerry and it is a scandal that such material is being with held.

2. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I agree 100%. I was only thinking aout T&J the other day, and how it would be nice to have them on disc!

So which is yor favourite? Mine has to be 'Yankee Doodle Mouse'.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

I don't know if this is the correct title, but I loved the one where Jerry has a mouse-friend with him (was he French?), and they do a bit of a mickey-take called the "Three Mouseketeers"! Very funny! :D

What was Jerry's mouse-pal called? And was Jerry male or female? I only ask because I've read articles (in the course of doing my University Film Studies degree) that suggest Jerry was gay, because of his penchant for dressing up in lady's clothes, and acting overtly feminine. Not that it makes much difference if he was gay, but if he was, would that make him the first ever gay animation character?

Pooch

P.S. And while we're on the subject of cartoons, could Warner's and MGM also do a release of any of the following please:-
    - The Pink Panther Show (the silent ones, and the later ones with his sidekicks, the Inspector, the heron and the green firebug thing!)
    - Sylvester and Tweety Pie
    - Pepe Le Pew
    - Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny's cartoons (the ones where they appear together)
    - Porky Pig and Bugs (again, the ones they're in together)
    - Wile E Coyote and Road Runner
    Thanks!!! :)

4. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Why don't you just watch Boomerang - all of the above seem to be on pretty much all of the time.

My kids are big fans

5. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AndyK, being home cinema anoraks, the stuff on Boomerang is not upto the quality we require.

I watched Tom & Jerry this morning on the aforementtioned channel, and the print was scratched and shows it's age.

Plus Boomerang tends not to show the ones with "questionable depictation" of Afican Americans (IE Mammy Two Feet), and other non PC content (such as Tom smoking etc)

No we want the best quality prints, remastered, and shown in the right aspect ratio, with revamped sound (work out those speakers with the groovy sound FX's) and we want it now (to coin a phrase).

6. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    AT LAST !!!!!!!!!

It would appear that these classics are to be released on multiple volumes from next month:

Tom & Jerry Classics Volume 1

Now if Play 247 have there facts straight, the cartoons are being released in chronological order. Disc one has the first 24.

For a episode guide (that covers all produced by Fred Quimby i.e. Not the ****e 60's efforts) click on the link below:

.Tom & Jerry episode guide

Hopefully, these won't be the bastardised PC clapltrap, that remove Mammy Twofeet, for PC reasons.

This is the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: