Tom Cruise & NASA + Elon Musk, Space Adventure Film (TBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score

Great if true but i’ll Believe it when i see it.

Wonder what the insurance excess will be :D

Great if true but i’ll Believe it when i see it.

Wonder what the insurance excess will be :D

Out of this world

Maybe it is a upcoming new Mission Impossible sequence :eek: and it being a different new film is just a cover?

he better hope they've got someone there to catch him when the contractually obliged explosion blows him sideways scene comes up.

I'm sure they'll work out some fake gravity thing so he'll be able to do his, also contractually obliged, run. In space.

I suppose the Covid can’t halt the production in Space. Don’t get much more isolated than that.

Last edited:
Nearly every Doug Liman film seems to go through hell in post production before being turned into, at least, a watchable film when someone else comes in and rescues it. I like most of his films but he seems to have problems putting everything together once he's finished shooting.
If he's doing this one I'll expect the same to happen.

After that, Cruise will look to make his next one on the other side of a worm hole.

Tom Cruise & Tom Six collab

a Human Centipede spin-off? :eek: :D

worm-in-a-hole-cartoon-vector-id165594714

I applaud the Cruiser again! He is making a film that will need to be seen in a Cinema - which is an act of optimism itself. £200 million they are talking about for an original action picture, outside of Chris Nolan no one could do this.

Will look forward to this more than the incredible delayed again Avatar 2, 3, 4, 5 and Avatar: Electric Boogaloo.

Cruise doesn’t have a bowel movement without Mcquarrie there to polish the completion.

Wait, I'm confused, are they sending Cruise up to the ISS to film scenes or are they just including footage from onboard the ISS? One is ridiculous and smacks of an exciting but unnecessary vanity project while the other seems much less exciting than the headlines suggest. If they're sending Cruise up how would the logistics of that actually work? No camera crew, lighting, makeup artist, hairdresser, trailer, etc can go up there with him, plus Xenu might be lurking in the depths of space waiting for him.

Not to mention the cost of getting him up there, insured, and back down again must be crazy. Or maybe this is his final film and he's not coming back? Universal could save a ton of money by getting Nolan or Cuaron on the phone. It's the moviemaking equivalent of Laurence Olivier's dig about Dustin Hoffman's method acting - why don't you just try actual acting for a change? We've got this ability to create a facsimile of conditions in space so don't really need to go the effort or expense of actually filming there!

Wait, I'm confused, are they sending Cruise up to the ISS to film scenes or are they just including footage from onboard the ISS? One is ridiculous and smacks of an exciting but unnecessary vanity project while the other seems much less exciting than the headlines suggest. If they're sending Cruise up how would the logistics of that actually work? No camera crew, lighting, makeup artist, hairdresser, trailer, etc can go up there with him, plus Xenu might be lurking in the depths of space waiting for him.

Not to mention the cost of getting him up there, insured, and back down again must be crazy. Or maybe this is his final film and he's not coming back? Universal could save a ton of money by getting Nolan or Cuaron on the phone. It's the moviemaking equivalent of Laurence Olivier's dig about Dustin Hoffman's method acting - why don't you just try actual acting for a change? We've got this ability to create a facsimile of conditions in space so don't really need to go the effort or expense of actually filming there!

They can just slip him into the astronaughts’ luggage.

If he does go into space then it's another demonstration of how dedicated and single-minded he is about performing. Just read that for Collateral he got into the skin of a hitman by literally stalking members of the crew, writing up reports to Michael Mann about how he'd assassinate them, and then hiding on the lot to catch them by surprise and 'kill them' by sticking post-it notes on their backs! He even dressed up as a UPS driver and delivered packages around LA to see if he could remain anonymous.

If he does go into space then it's another demonstration of how dedicated and single-minded he is about performing. Just read that for Collateral he got into the skin of a hitman by literally stalking members of the crew, writing up reports to Michael Mann about how he'd assassinate them, and then hiding on the lot to catch them by surprise and 'kill them' by sticking post-it notes on their backs! He even dressed up as a UPS driver and delivered packages around LA to see if he could remain anonymous.

The part about him preparing for Collateral by disguising himself as a FedEx man is on the extras on the DVD (should be on the BD I guess but I’ve not watched it yet!). Ironically, he is not exactly the most inconspicuous person as Vincent the hitman - a silver fox dude in a fancy grey suit. :D

Why go to all the effort when they can do it with special effects here on earth. Complete waste of money, just so Cruise can go into space. Let him pay for his own ticket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom