Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This was a cracking book but I'd have liked to see it set in its original timeline of the Vietnam war era.

If they'd done that though they'd have had to go a different way with casting if they were being realistic.

Out the blue. But looking forward to it now.

I am faintly optimistic with Taylor Sheridan on story and screenplay.

Probably just going to be like the Jack Ryan series, only Clancy by association
A dramatisation of the actual book would be best imo, but we shall see I guess

Probably just going to be like the Jack Ryan series, only Clancy by association

When there's so much great source material available, it confuses me when they pop out turds like Shadow Recruit.

Yeah I can't believe they haven't hammered the Clancy material more. Some of the books would make tremendous films. As we've already seen.

I doubt they'll make "Executive Orders". I was always surprised that wasn't mentioned really around 9/11
It was a great book.

Rainbow Six with a "retired" John Clark was good.

Loved the books and read them up til the last few
Is this film going to be connected into the tv series ?
I’ve not yet watched that to know if John is in it

i always thought the series may of been better focusing on Jack Ryan JR with his dad being president (and heck, throw the money at Harrison Ford to get him to play Snr)

they could of then had flashbacks to “classic” missions of the past

I don't think it's got anything to do with the books, or the TV series.

There are huge rights issues regarding the Clancy books (but less issues with using just the CHARACTERS), so this, and the series to some extent (hence the reworked storylines), as well as the bland as hell Shadow Recruit (for the same reason) are in-name-only productions AFAIK.

Still, you never know... (you kinda do though)... it could be awesome!

Loved the books and read them up til the last few
Is this film going to be connected into the tv series ?
I’ve not yet watched that to know if John is in it

i always thought the series may of been better focusing on Jack Ryan JR with his dad being president (and heck, throw the money at Harrison Ford to get him to play Snr)

they could of then had flashbacks to “classic” missions of the past

No this is completely separate.

I think I'd have preferred this as a series though to be honest. It's one of the best books and it could have worked very well episodic.

Cheers. That’s a shame
As could be quite a good connected universe, especially when factor in Rainbow Six

I may go back and start the books again

Looks decent to me. As usual, a bit too much is showcased though. I enjoy Jordan' s work on the whole, but still don't see him as Clark Kent...

Story and script by Taylor Sheridan though?

Absolutely, could be great, but he only did the touch up which, itself, suggests the original script might have been pretty wonky. Wish he'd been on from the get-go.

Anyways, I'll set my expectations low and hopefully be pleasantly surprised because I LOVE the universe.

Loved the book, would be nice if film followed the story. What I really want is a rainbow six film though.

So whilst the trailer looks good, too many people already know who he is, is my first impression
So looking likely only slight nods to the source material, which is a shame
But, I will be more than pleased to be proved wrong

Hoping that clips are from across the series, but the best part of the book was him , actually it was all great. That's why they robbed scenes from it to stick in the movies and other movies
So yeah, just like the Jack Ryan series, I espect it will be characters and slight back story but very little else in common
Atleast the early films followed the books,

More and more generic action thriller.
Shame

Nope nothing like the books it could of been called absolutely anything it's so far removed

Yeah I was gonna say the same, where is the connection to the book? Have they just nicked the name?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom