Tom Clancy's Without Remorse (Amazon Prime) Movie Review & Comments

My wife said it all when she said it was like watching me playing Call of Duty (I'm not a great gamer only an average one.)

I've never read the books so cannot comment from the point of view as a reader/fan of Clancy. However it started off good but rapidly went downhill. It certainly didn't help that the villain always seems to play villains these days so was obvious from the off.

Amazon if you want people to watch these Clancy movies/tv shows you need to have good scripts because otherwise Clancy's name attached to one of your projects will deter rather than attract viewers.

Good review Cas and I would say you’re score is spot on. I watched this last night and while not the worst thing I have ever seen, it wasn’t great. I’m usually easily pleased but I just thought the acting was terrible from most of the cast including MBJ. The meeting scene where his character and Jamie Bell’s had a face off just felt awkward and it didn’t get any better from there. You could see how many scenes were lifted straight from other (better) films and there were just too many “that would never happen” moments
< like the van driving away through the middle of the shootout and no one seeing it, the ambulance escape, the shootout with the worst snipers in history and even John Kelly being allowed to go on the mission in the first place >
. Attaching Tom Clancy’s name to it just raised expectations and the only connection I could see to that world was the use of a few surnames. Poor effort overall and better acted it might be worth a 5.5 at best.

I just read the reviews on IMDB.com and the first three pages consisted of ones with a couple of two's thrown in. I'll definitely watch it knowing that it will definitely rate higher than that for me. I'm sure it's not a great movie but 1's and 2's out of ten. I'm sure people think they're the next Barry Norman.

I just read the reviews on IMDB.com and the first three pages consisted of ones with a couple of two's thrown in. I'll definitely watch it knowing that it will definitely rate higher than that for me. I'm sure it's not a great movie but 1's and 2's out of ten. I'm sure people think they're the next Barry Norman.
Without reading the reviews on IMDB, I'm going to guess that they are fans of the book and given the film failed to be remotely like the book, then I can imagine some awarding so low scores. I generally agree with the consensus, that it was poor in relation to the book, on its own if it wasn't anything to do with Tom Clancy and had a different name, then it was an average film that can be watched with a few beers, after already having a few beers.

Watched it last night it was awful! Nearly every scene was shot in the dark, perhaps it was made for radio? The acting, the script and everything else was dire. What's going on with the film and TV drama industry. We've had a period were actors mumbled their way through a script, to be told it was to add realism. Now a film shot mainly in black and black. Can't rate it!

Spot on review and score from Cas as usual.

This was a very strange film. First sort of 20 minutes or so were ok then it just went downhill from there. The Jamie Bell character was written terribly. It was like they were trying to write an intense thriller but got to the end of the film and forgot to add in the thriller part and thought oh well this film is ok, we'll leave it.

I bet Tom Clancy would be turning in his grave if he knew this crap was connected to his name.

The whole part
in Russia
was nonsensical at best.

Spot on review and score from Cas as usual.

This was a very strange film. First sort of 20 minutes or so were ok then it just went downhill from there. The Jamie Bell character was written terribly. It was like they were trying to write an intense thriller but got to the end of the film and forgot to add in the thriller part and thought oh well this film is ok, we'll leave it.

I bet Tom Clancy would be turning in his grave if he knew this crap was connected to his name.

The whole part
in Russia
was nonsensical at best.
:smashin:

Really enjoy the Tom Clancy books, as others said can’t see why this has the Tom Clancy name and link...

An average, and enjoyable, film but definitely nothing special. Above average for “made for streaming” movies but definitely wouldn’t have wanted to pay to watch this in the cinema.

As there’s meant to be another film, I hope they do much better next time.

Really enjoy the Tom Clancy books, as others said can’t see why this has the Tom Clancy name and link...

An average, and enjoyable, film but definitely nothing special. Above average for “made for streaming” movies but definitely wouldn’t have wanted to pay to watch this in the cinema.

As there’s meant to be another film, I hope they do much better next time.

It's a bit of a catch-22.

If it flops, we don't get a sequel. Which may not be such a bad thing - they could go down the TV route instead - but will likely put a good few years between this and anything vaguely Rainbow 6.

If it does well, we get a sequel but, given the success, that would likely be a sequel that followed suit - if the formula works (generic made for streaming action flick) why change it, would be the studio argument.

Wasted part of my life watching this last night. :facepalm: didn't see it through to the end which speaks volumes, actually not sure I even got half way!

Watched it yesterday, have to say I had no idea what the plot was, think they lost the plot when making this pile of …t 🤬

Tom Clancy’s material I guess will never be a hit at the movie’s, such a waste.

3/10 for me.

Jeez, switched off after an hour - couldn't find a plot!

I didn't have to engage my brain too much and it passed a couple of hours last night but I think a 5/10 is fair and a good review Cas. Certainly a one time only watch.

Watched this one and was initially surprised at the standard considering some comments. However the script writers must have been trained by D&D of game of thrones and just gave up at the end. Never understand why they do this to some movies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom