Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 2 Review & Comments

Up to episode 4 at the moment and whilst good, not a patch on season 1. Does tend to hand hold in places too.

On episode 3 and loving it, HDR and Atmos are awesome.

One other show on Prime that gets very little love but is good this season is the Purge, it is now concentrating on the aftermath rather than during the Purge.

I have watched 2 so far and will be watching more tonight after the gym. I am liking it a lot

On episode 3 and loving it, HDR and Atmos are awesome.

One other show on Prime that gets very little love but is good this season is the Purge, it is now concentrating on the aftermath rather than during the Purge.
Watching S2 of The Purge, it's better than season 1 so far.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd put it on a par with season 1, 8/10 for me.
I'd like to see the American governmental influence be a little more nefarious (and truer to reality), I think that would be interesting to explore
Theres the ultimately corrupt Senator, but thats not government endorsed shenanigans, but a rogue bad apple to the otherwise generally upstanding Americans
But still, enjoyable season.

One bathroom scene drove me nuts though
Ryan is attacked in his hotel bathroom, ends up with a plastic bag held over his face, he's on the ground but both his hands are unrestrained - and he's swinging backwards at his assailant as he's being suffocated... and I'm screaming 'poke a f'n hole in the bag you idot!'

Ryan is attacked in his hotel bathroom, ends up with a plastic bag held over his face, he's on the ground but both his hands are unrestrained - and he's swinging backwards at his assailant as he's being suffocated... and I'm screaming 'poke a f'n hole in the bag you idot!'

Lol, exactly what I was thinking. He is obviously a better brawler than you and me since it turned out alright in the end.

Ryan is attacked in his hotel bathroom, ends up with a plastic bag held over his face, he's on the ground but both his hands are unrestrained - and he's swinging backwards at his assailant as he's being suffocated... and I'm screaming 'poke a f'n hole in the bag you idiot!'

that's when
I thought he'd use the knife to poke a hole in the bag to get his breath, I didn't expect it to go into matey's eye instead

I guess that's why he's off doing ops for the CIA while I'm watching his adventures on TV :laugh:

Watched the first episode of season 2 on Saturday and a solid start to the season. This is one of the best shows Amazon have.

Actually changed my mind on this. Slow start but really picked up and quite gripping by the end. Look forward to season 3 now.

I thought it was trite, with a fully PC approved plot, and frankly bordering on stupid in the end.

A CIA agent taking a helicopter of 4 armed US Soldiers and attacking the presidential palace of a foreign country is an act of war.

Tom Clancy will be spinning in his grave a what they have with done to the Jack Ryan character.

Finished it last night,
It’s Just great big ball of exciting escapist entertainment...loved it!
sad it’s finished but looking forward to S3

It starts really well but it's got nothing on season 1.

Bit lazy really as it moves on with lots and lots of prison break styleeee in the nick of time action.

I watched season 1 and don’t remember any element of the plot. I just remember the two good looking main actors.

So I wasn’t waiting for season 2 with much trepidation. When it got to the Venezuela right-wing populist who ruined the country, and now it’s up to the nice social-democratic lady to save it, I turned it off and cancelled my subscription.

What’s next? Evil free-market alt-right libertarian Stalin, tormenting the Russian people, who need to be saved by that extraordinary Marxist LGBTQ++ lady of color?

Give me a break. We’re not living in the 1984 world yet - they can wait for history to happen before they rewrite it.

You forgot the efficient, blonde, Teutonic, remorseless killer. I’m not sure whether he or the feckless Latin President from the slums was the better cliche.

Having watched through the first episode and started the second now, I'm not completely impressed with the image quality. I'm seeing evidence of a compromised bitrate in the shadows.

Anyone else watched on an up to date 2017 LG OLED or later and had similar issues? Trying to rule out the app being at fault.

Having watched through the first episode and started the second now, I'm not completely impressed with the image quality. I'm seeing evidence of a compromised bitrate in the shadows.

Anyone else watched on an up to date 2017 LG OLED or later and had similar issues? Trying to rule out the app being at fault.
I watched some on a 2017 LG E7 OLED and most on a 2019 Panasonic GZ950 OLED via Firestick on both. Quality was good though no DV for some reason. No negative PQ issue that I saw.

I watched some on a 2017 LG E7 OLED and most on a 2019 Panasonic GZ950 OLED via Firestick on both. Quality was good though no DV for some reason. No negative PQ issue that I saw.
Perhaps take a close look at the car scene around the 27 minute mark of episode 2 when they are discussing their martial statuses. Pay attention to the shadows and let me know if you see posterisation(?)/artifacts.

Perhaps take a close look at the car scene around the 27 minute mark of episode 2 when they are discussing their martial statuses. Pay attention to the shadows and let me know if you see posterisation(?)/artifacts.
Yes just replayed that on the LG. Some red blobs that shouldn’t be there in that scene. But the exception rather than the rule after having watched the whole thing.

Yes just replayed that on the LG. Some red blobs that shouldn’t be there in that scene. But the exception rather than the rule after having watched the whole thing.
Thanks for looking. I checked out Man in the High Castle too and it's the same issue so I'm suspecting the app or the bitrate.

I'll try out an external device and see if that solves it.

Haunting of Hill House (really dark) on Netflix doesn't have any issues like this and I do typically find Amazon's bitrate a bit on the low side even for HD content.

Watched the 1st few episodes and enjoying it so far. Just great entertainment and great to binge over a week or so. A good week of TV with this and Atypical back on our screens.

I enjoyed this as well but they were definitely suspend disbelief parts. The London scenes were interesting but they did connect parts of London that aren’t connected. They also had my old college. So quite nostalgic watching this - george

I thought it was trite, with a fully PC approved plot, and frankly bordering on stupid in the end.

A CIA agent taking a helicopter of 4 armed US Soldiers and attacking the presidential palace of a foreign country is an act of war.

Tom Clancy will be spinning in his grave a what they have with done to the Jack Ryan character.
It was stupid from the begining of this season
In first episode Jack Ryan is complete idiot to see an unknown woman following him from restaurant to hotel an let her in his room with free access to classified shits
I know, he is no Superman/genius but in this season there were too many stupid mistakes/plot holes. First season was decent/good imho.

I enjoyed this as well but they were definitely suspend disbelief parts. The London scenes were interesting but they did connect parts of London that aren’t connected. They also had my old college. So quite nostalgic watching this - george
Royal Holloway but said it was King Edward college?

Royal Holloway but said it was King Edward college?
Yep - also they got there from Liverpool St - but hey this is fiction so a little bit of artistic licence is ok

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom