Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 2 Review & Comments

Bit annoying that I have no way I can think of for accessing the atmos soundtracks for amazon or netflix content - TV has the amazon app but no e-arc, PS4 has the amazon app but no atmos content, ditto same with sony UHD blu-ray player. Most annoyed with PS4 really - pro indeed. Lol.

Bit annoying that I have no way I can think of for accessing the atmos soundtracks for amazon or netflix content - TV has the amazon app but no e-arc, PS4 has the amazon app but no atmos content, ditto same with sony UHD blu-ray player. Most annoyed with PS4 really - pro indeed. Lol.
You dont need eARK for the atmos track it will pass through arc its lossy atmos not lossless atmos it plays on my surround sound system no bother.

You dont need eARK for the atmos track it will pass through arc its lossy atmos not lossless atmos it plays on my surround sound system no bother.
how does it display on your amps display?

With netflix it seems that stuff that should be in atmos doesn't say it is on the various versions of the netflix app on the different platforms.

how does it display on your amps display?

With netflix it seems that stuff that should be in atmos doesn't say it is on the various versions of the netflix app on the different platforms.
On my sony str-dn 1080 avr it displays as dolby atmos its a dolby digital + track with atmos metadata arc should pass it through non of the streaming services use lossless atmos

Watched the first episode last night.

Solid, but entirely too predictable. Enjoyed it though, reminded me very much of 24 and how their season's sometimes started.

Nice relevant story anyway, looking forward to some twists and turns along the way.

Good to see the "faceless man" in another role as well.

Thanks for the review.
Watched season 1 and it was OK.
Not gaging for season 2 but might get round to it if I have time.

Enjoyed the first season so will give this a watch soon as I'm very late to the party on Breaking Bad ( currently on third season ) on mega binge watch .

I finished this one today and easily enjoyed it as much as, if not more than, season 1. I found myself thinking "I really hope this character doesn't get killed" about a lot of the cast all the way through it.
I particularly liked Station Chief Mike, I thought he was just awesome
I loved that he was completely the opposite to how that type of character usually is in these kind of shows. Rather than being a red tape obstacle for Ryan and Greer he's all in balls deep
It took me a while to realise he played CJ in the Dawn Of The Dead remake where he was my MVP in that aswell.

I could have watched a few more eps but I'm happy with the 8 solid ones they gave me... even if they did seem to fly past in the blink of an eye.
So yeah, bring on season 3 :smashin:

and I have to say it, 100%... Harrison Ford is no longer my Jack Ryan.
John Krasinski effortlessly slips from backroom brain into 13 Hours action man mode as and when required. I thought he handled himself very well in the action sequences.

Loved season 1 & have been chomping at the bit for S2 & so far I’ve done 3 episodes & I’m absolutely loving it!
looks great in HDR/4K too.
I’m really gonna try not to polish it off too quickly ‘cause I’ll miss it once it’s gone, but it’s only 8 episodes & I've only got 5 left

and most of them are only around 35 mins when you take off the credits at the start and end

Watched the first series which was brilliant and waited for season 2. Now on Ep 3. The best TV series on Amazon Prime and the only series worth watching on Prime, imo.

and I have to say it, 100%... Harrison Ford is no longer my Jack Ryan.
John Krasinski effortlessly slips from backroom brain into 13 Hours action man mode as and when required. I thought he handled himself very well in the action sequences.
Some of the violence is surprisingly quite realistic as well. The “eye” scene in particular.

Its solid stuff but nothing particularly original. I hope they do more.

The best TV series on Amazon Prime and the only series worth watching on Prime, imo.
You should checkout shows like The Expanse, Man in the High Castle, Goliath, Bosch, Outlander, The Viking’s, The Boys.

Something for everyone :)

You should checkout shows like The Expanse, Man in the High Castle, Goliath, Bosch, Outlander, The Viking’s, The Boys.

None of them come close to this, imo.

None of them come close to this, imo.
Not with you on that one. Whilst Ryan is competent spy fare there is nothing to me that marks it out as particularly original or compelling. The production relies to a large extent on the lead who is very good, and a bit different than your usual stand up action hero. But whilst certainly watchable overall, still nothing too special for me.

Enjoyed Episode 2 more than 1.

John K is actually a very good Ryan; as Rambo says above he can do the desk job as well as the action pieces. The bathroom scene was very well done.

Wendell Pierce is spot on as Greer too. Has always been a very competent actor, and brings an equal measure of authority and humour to the role.

A good support cast as well, and always had a soft spot for Rapace.

So much source material that they can call on too, this is a series that could keep going for many season's yet and rival the likes of 24.

Loved Bosch. Listened to most of the books. Great writing that carry’s over to the dialog.

Slightly disappointed with season 2. Season one was way more suspenseful and I thought it had a better script as well. Great picture though in 4K.

Not a patch on series 1 for me. Season 2 started out good up to about episode four and then just went downhill imo. The final episode was dire.
Jack Ryan shoots up the Venezuelan army with a couple of friends none of who get even a scratch.
and the bit which might of been a bit different
is quickly glossed over in one minute. The USA involvement in supporting President Reyes and it being in the USA interests for another source of Tantalum outside of China being available. Sorry Jack, you should have followed the money...

Thanks Cas, I'll make a start on this tonight, I loved S1.

Well I watched 4K UHD Version on my Samsung HD750 expecting great things. What got me there where to many very dark scenes and hard to see what was going on. We do not all have Super TVs I know mine can do 4k but so far Disappointed with picture & sound

Well I watched 4K UHD Version on my Samsung HD750 expecting great things. What got me there where to many very dark scenes and hard to see what was going on. We do not all have Super TVs I know mine can do 4k but so far Disappointed with picture & sound

You do realise it's HDR? I don't mean to sound flippant, but Amazon's 4K HDR content is excellent, and I've no such problems on my Samsung. Nor do I see many complaints. It should look spot on.

Finished it this morning, thought the intro of Doug Stamper (You know what I mean) gave it more stars next to Wendell, Noomi and John K. Pretty violent but solid production and everything, quality viewing if not a bit predictable. Was expecting long 1 hour epidodes but quite small. Thought season 1 was better, just saying!
Enjoy folks!
Roll on 3.
:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom