Tom Clancy's EndWar - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usama

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of TC games, picked up GRAW2 today and this looks amazing!

I'm a big fan of TC games, picked up GRAW2 today and this looks amazing!

So am I will be getting when it comes out! :D

Has anyone got anymore video's?

Only just noticed this on Play

This looks pretty good, surprised this is not being discussed more.

A closed beta is being carried out for this. Unfortunately its only for 360 only, not the PS3, but those of us with both might like to try and report back, as (hopefully) there wont be any differences (at least of a negative nature anyway :D) . Voice comms are to be used to control certain aspects of the game and will it be interesting to see how this is implemented to see if it makes console based RTS's more accessible. There are some thoughts that the PS Eye may have some functionality too. You'll need 3 gb space on your HDD and an active gold account too.

Thanks to Jonnydynamite on the 360 forums for the link.

Linky

EDIT: I have just completed the process and they will "get back to me" to let me know if I have been successful in getting ion the beta.

A closed beta is being carried out for this. Unfortunately its only for 360 only, not the PS3, but those of us with both might like to try and report back, as (hopefully) there wont be any differences (at least of a negative nature anyway :D) . Voice comms are to be used to control certain aspects of the game and will it be interesting to see how this is implemented to see if it makes console based RTS's more accessible. There are some thoughts that the PS Eye may have some functionality too. You'll need 3 gb space on your HDD and an active gold account too.

Thanks to Jonnydynamite on the 360 forums for the link.

Linky

EDIT: I have just completed the process and they will "get back to me" to let me know if I have been successful in getting ion the beta.

Signed up for the XBOX 360 beta. :)

This is the first of my "So has anyone heard about this" and "Is it any good" posts this morning... i cant find a decent review of this on the PS3, which surprises me as its out very soon. I know the demo is ourt for the XBOX, but Sometimes the two systems are not really comparable (framerate etc), so wondered if there was any ps3 news? Thanks

This is the first of my "So has anyone heard about this" and "Is it any good" posts this morning... i cant find a decent review of this on the PS3, which surprises me as its out very soon. I know the demo is ourt for the XBOX, but Sometimes the two systems are not really comparable (framerate etc), so wondered if there was any ps3 news? Thanks

Not anymore. This is now a very old statement....like the PS3 has no games chestnut :rotfl:

I'd be extremely suprised if they weren't pretty much identical tbh

It is a very old statement, and I would be surprised as well, but my point is that with the lack of any information about this game on this format, i cant assume that it will be the same before I buy. Hence why I asked if anyone knew anything about it on PS3...I don't read Xbox reviews and assume the games give exactly the same experience..

so did anyone play the demo?

I thought it was very cool, love story as well.

I have only used the controller, the prospect of talking to myself while playing a game is a little weird!

Has anyone played it with a headset? What is it like??

I'm not sure weather to get this, but I am a sucker for strategy games!!

Anyone planning on getting it then?

Any recommendations on a headset for it?

I played around on this, this morning, the headset works pretty well, and I was impressed on the level of control. However, the game itself feels really basic, interesting but I felt it was more of a gimmick. You could play the same game with mouse and keyboard, with a lot more accuracy.

One word....GUTTED

I absolutely and utterly detest this type of game, silly me without seeing any video's or write ups about it assumed it'd be another GRAW/Vegas style shooter.

What a waste of a download :thumbsdow

I've not got the demo yet, but is it more of a C&C type game? If so then I may look at bunging it on my Xmas list, as I've been anticipating a decent RTS since Red Alert 3 got 'indefinitely postponed' on PS3 :(

I've not got the demo yet, but is it more of a C&C type game? If so then I may look at bunging it on my Xmas list, as I've been anticipating a decent RTS since Red Alert 3 got 'indefinitely postponed' on PS3 :(

Yep it is a RTS :smashin: (or :thumbsdow if you don't like them :D)

Awesome, I'll give the demo a whirl tonight then ;)

Don't really expect too much tho :) It is a pretty basic RTS, even more basic than Warcraft the original IMO!! The voice control is a nice effect, however it is not really that responsive and it means that a lot of standard RTS features are now lost. For example, no secondary abilities, being unable to easily group, no real combination of map and unit view (really strange choice, as it defaults to FPS view, but you have no direct control and the map view is so unbelievably bland!).

Multiplayer may be alright tho.

I really fancy this but it's being swamped by major relases like LBP & Gears 2 & Motorstorm 2.
If I do take a punt then I think I'll go with the bundled headset version.

Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom