1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOM and JERRY

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by phelings, Oct 18, 2004.

1. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Avoid this R1 disaster.
    The extras look good-thats it.
    The remastering and restoration is a joke.The prints are no better than the UK discs,and worst of all,The Little Orphan is still cut.Restored my butt!!!
    OK,the wide ones are anamorphic(not sure about R2 as I cancelled them when I saw this set)but the R2 discs are in sequence.This set originally promised Puss Gets The Boot and the Xmas episode.Neither are present.
    Buy this to watch extras as supplements to the R2 collectiuon,which I now have to re-order.Thanks Warners

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    That's bad news, particularly about some of them still being censored. I had high hopes that this could replace my Asian box set, but it seems that's not the case. Well done Warners, for another DVD cock up. When is this company going to start toeing the line? We've had snapper cases, no DTS, poor extras, and now this. It's really time Warners started embracing DVD for what it's worth.

3. Ghidorah

Ghidorah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been looking on the web about this

In America it seems that WB is going to make up for this, as they have been advertising the set as uncut. Buyers will be able to exchange the edited disc for a completely unedited one by mail with Warner Home Video.

Dont know what we can do if the one that we get are the cut ones though ?

Here are the links all about it
    1st one is the Jeff Beck Forum

http://www.animationshow.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=1266&

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/showthread.php?t=824

4. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    There's a lot to read there! Seems everyone is still awaiting a response from Warners. If there's an exchange program going on, I would definitely want to exchange, but at what cost? Surely if Warners have advertised these as 'uncut', and therefore the product is not as advertised, they should be liable for return shipping costs, from wherever they were bought. There's no law against importing R1 discs here in the UK. I wonder what the online retailers who we have purchased from will have to say about this?

5. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Would it be worth cancelling my order with dvdsoon. Then reordering in the future?
    The uncut disc surely will replace the cut one in the future.

6. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got any details on the 'asian' box set you mention, anyone reputible online sell it? Thanks

7. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  8. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I bought mine off eBay too. See post above. :)

9. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Are these the same Asian box sets from E-Bay that were identified on an earlier thread as pirate copies, and pirates with sound problems to boot?

Gutted about the R1 release, but fortunately managed to cancel my order in time. At least Warners are on the case and correcting the mistake. We've waited this long, what's another 6 weeks or so?

10. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have included the link to the mentioned thread.
    I can't see how you can identify them as pirate copies, hkflix definitely don't sell
    pirated copies, i don't buy pirated copies and the Buddah Video release is well documented and official.

11. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I don't think they are pirate copies, but yes, they do have some sound issues, in that the sound is only 'surround' on Disc 1, and the English sound on Disc 3 is out of sync for half of the disc. I'm not saying these Asian box sets are perfect, but at the time, they were the only versions available uncut, and the PQ is quite clean. I bought mine on the back of the disappointing R2 releases.

12. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Asian set is good value-but thats all.My friend got the 6 disc one for £13 from ebay.But some episodes are appalling quality.Little Orphan is uncut,but the other dodgy one,His Mouse Friday,banned from US TV apparently,is uncut visually,but this is rendered hopeless as both audio tracks,English and Japanese have no dialogue-only music and effects.
    Its back to R2 for me.
    They may supply an uncut version,but the print quality is the most disappointing aspect of this release.Remastered.But on par with Star Trek The Original Series