1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom and Jerry: Spotlight Collection, The Premiere Volume

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by dts borg, Oct 22, 2004.

1. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Tom and Jerry: Spotlight Collection, The Premiere Volume :thumbsup: :clap:

Can't wait..................... ;) this will bring back Saturday afternoon's. Sure it was on ITV after the football :confused:

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Where are they shipping from and are they the original versions of the cartoons not the butchered PC corrected ones?

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Butchered ones I'm afraid. Though they weren't meant to be are are going to be corrected:

""Warner Bros. Home Video is very, very upset over the edited cartoons that made their way into the TOM & JERRY SPOTLIGHT COLLECTION.

This was a mistake made at the servicing level. Warner Home Video and I became aware of the error only ten days before the official release date - and by then, the dvds were on their way to the stores.

It is part of Warner Bros. Home Video's marketing plan not to release edited or censored cartoons because they know that collectors want them complete.

The company is taking immediate steps to correct the situation. The proper digital masters of all three cartoons have been located and are being prepared now for replication. It may take as long as six to eight weeks to have a corrected disc ready for replacement.

From what I’ve been able to gather, the intention is for fans to be able to replace Disc 1 at no charge to them. I know from personal experience that Warners had a problem a year ago with the film KISS ME KATE. The transfer was not done correctly and fans were upset. Warners responded immediately, created a new transfer and eventually fans recieved replacement discs. It was not an overnight process. But it all worked out in the end.

Those of you waiting for the uncut disc 1 to appear on store shelves, I cannot say when that will happen. It will not happen soon. The quickest way to get the set the way you want it is to buy it now and go through the replacement process.

Despite this inconvience, There is much to recommend on the TOM & JERRY SPOTLIGHT COLLECTION as is. The CinemaScope transfers are amazing, and the never-before-released stereo soundtrack on TOUCHE PUSSY CAT is really fantastic. (Only eight MGM Cartoons were recorded in true stereo at the time and this is the first one to be restored and released as originally intended).

Heck, I’d buy the dvd just for that".

Taken from here http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203933

4. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    DVD Soon. :blush: :oops: :laugh:

HMV have the R2 for £9.99 in the sale. Left this hoping the R1 would be Edit Free.