1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Adams: Anybody Remember Him

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    I have just been doing a post on the film The House That Dripped Blood which Tom Adams appears in.
    Who is Tom Adams you may say well to many he is the tall bloke in the DFS? adverts or use to be before Michel Aspel took over.

He was one of the escapees in The Great Escape (Dai Nimmo ('Diversions')) , and later did a take off of Bond in the 1965 film Licensed To Kill.
    In 1980 he stared in the Enigma Files about a police department that went over unsolved cases (now called cold cases) but I think was shown on BBC2.
    He also was in an episode of The Avengers called Take Over, where he and Steed have a classical music quiz starting of with the piece of music which than gets down to who was the composed, where it was recorded and who was the percussionist Steed is able to tell as the percussionist as he uses ebony drumstick.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think that Garrett deliberately posted this in an effort to prove that he is younger than me.

Ok, I'll fall for it. His best known TV role was as Daniel Fogarty in The Onedin Line which was over 30 years ago.

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Talk about a memory jogger! I remember watching that Bond rip off on a video from one of the rat's-arse video companies that proliferated during the video boom of the '80s.

"Agent 077 - Licensed to Love and Kill". I think the title alone is close enough to warrant lawsuit from Eon were it released today. I seem to remember it turning up with a different title from another company a few years later.

Absolutely dire too as I remember.

Didn't Adams play one of those dishy-doctor types in "General Hospital" or early "Casualty" or something like that as well?

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    The original film he played the agent Charles Vine was Licensed To Kill 1965 which was not too bad with a few spoof elements thrown in, seem to remember him and an other villain creeping round the London Dockland in stocking feet so not to give their position away. The follow up was truly awful Where the Bullets Fly 1966 where any semblance with reality was thrown out of the window. Also the was a third in the series called Somebody’s Stolen Our Russian Spy 1968 which I have not seen.
    Agent 077 - Licensed to Love and Kill was an other character was called Charles Bind and was played by Gareth Hunt in 1979 although it looks as if the film makers could have pinched some ideas from the Charles Vine films as the name is not a million miles away and Vine was classed as the second best agent and Bind was 077.

Believe it or not Ian the first time I watched The Onidin Line was the episode the character Daniel Fogarty left the series and remember Elizabeth Frazer played by Jessica Benton(now what happened to her). Was riding a horse then gets off and start sobbing on a bank of grass covers earth because of it.
    I did catch them when they where repeated on the BBC and also on UK Gold. I thing the character Daniel Fogarty was played by Michael Billington originally who was a bit more of a wheeler dealer but when played by Tom Adams became more altruistic.
    I could still watch the series again they seem to know how to make series then and had runs of 13 weeks rather then 6 we get these days.

Remember Poldark Ian?

5. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wan't it Tony Adams in General Hospital & Crossroads. Saw him patrolling Brighton Marina in some snug shorts a few summers ago
    (edit: doh, that was Adam Chance)
    Julie

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    As you say Tony Adams and was in General Hospital as was Tom Adams.