Tokina AF 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 Pro DX MkII Focus Issues?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by scotty94, Sep 1, 2013.

1. scotty94

scotty94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi All,

Has anyone experienced focussing issues with the above lens?

I have had this lens from new for just under 2 years with no problems but on our last day in Paris last week it started playing up and wouldn't lock focus on anything when in AF mode 99% of the time, tried various program settings (full auto, aperature etc) and the same across the board, have tried it again since returning home and the same thing.

One thing I have noticed is that when the lens is mounted on or off of the body (Nikon D7000) you can see what looks like a few of the aperature blades sticking out into the frame (this doesn't show when you take a picture)

I believe that it is still under warranty from the manufacturer as their website states 2 yrs but just wanted to understand if it is an issue that others have experienced.

The lens has always been looked after as has all my equipment and has always been stored correctly and not dropped so can rule that out as an issue.

Any help / feedback appreciated:smashin: