• Total voters

Garrett

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
fan art

phoenix-joker.png

raduv1

Distinguished Member
After ten years they are still weighted down by Nolans vision and Ledgers Jocker , it's almost impossible to go darker or stranger and what direction to go to fill them shoes .

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Joaquin on why he took the role: "It Scares The fudgeing sh*t Out Of Me"

I take a lot of time and consideration when making decisions and what I’m gonna work on always. So, in some ways, the process, which is obviously reading a script and meeting a filmmaker and then continuing to have meetings and discussions with Todd [Phillips]. I think he’s very impressive and he seems to have a very interesting understanding of this world and what he’s trying to say. And so there is something very appealing about that and working with him on this particular project. It feels unique, it is its own world in some ways, and maybe, mostly, it scares the fudgeing sh*t out of me or something. It might as well be the thing that scares you the most.”

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
A new rumor suggests that Thomas Wayne could play a major role in the Joker film.

Garrett

My interest is piqued but how can you possibly top Ledger's Joker?

The answer is you can't.
Let's all be thankful for small miracles, that who in their wisdom cast him as the Joker and Heath's performance.
I'm not a fan of the Joker but of all the Batman films in my collection The Dark Knight the one I most play.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
fan promo

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Official Title JOKER

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Deadpool 2's Zazie Beetz in talks to join Joaquin Phoenix's Joker movie. Beetz would play a single mother who catches the interest of the man who will become the "clown prince of crime."

DigWd6gWkAEKARp.jpg

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
unofficial plot details for Arthur Fleck aka Joker

Phillips’ film will follow Fleck as he returns to a city on the brink. We believe that Fleck will return home to live with his aging (perhaps dying?) mother, Penny, in her apartment. It’s here that he’ll likely meet Sophie Dumond, the single-mother set to be played by Zazie Beetz, and begin his descent into madness described as the “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.”

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Robert De Niro is joining. De Niro would play a talk show host who is somehow instrumental in the Joker’s origin.

55052_v9_bb.jpg

Last edited:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Frances Conroy in talks to play Joker's mother, Penny

151962_v9_bb.jpg

D

Deleted member 92943

These two castings make me slightly interested now

mooperman

Distinguished Member
the whole thing has me curious.... just hope its done as some sort of psychological thriller maybe in the same vein as Hitchcocks rear window or something like that... certainly keep it away from comic book style fun.

bash

Looks like they're not going to use any of the origins from The Killing Joke.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Looks like they're not going to use any of the origins from The Killing Joke.
not a bad thing - only going on the movie but i found it pretty average to be honest.

bash

I was referring to the graphic novel which is highly regarded although I thought it was merely ok. I can't remember but I think the origins in the movie differ from the novel.

As good as most WB/DC animated movies generally are they never truly capture the energy and spirit off some of the novels they're based on. Voice casting never fits right for me, especially TDKR and Killing Joke.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is the novel joker origins were pretty dark and depressing and made for an interesting turn around for his character.

Having said that we got 2 maybe origins in TDK. One where Ledgers joker refers to his father and the other his wife. Brilliant move to mix it up and leave you guessing.

theprestige

Sooo nobody is concerned that this is being made by some comedy director? I mean, Ledger's Joker is extremely difficult to top anyway, but they've got the guy who made Old School, the Starsky and Hutch remake and School For Scoundrels.

My point is, how am I supposed to get excited about this?

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Brief on-set look at Joaquin

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
DnPVbw1VYAAQOwI.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-03.jpg
joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-02.jpg

Last edited: