Today's a scary Day

m0v1em4n

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well today is a scary day for me for two reasons,

1 it’s my birthday 48 today

2 getting the HD1 delivered today as a little birthday present to myself, what make it scary is got it based solely on all the good reviews I have read, just hope it live up to expectation :rolleyes:
It replacing my 18 month old Sim2 domino 30h, never did get used to the noisy fan
Will keep you guys posted

Steve

Happy Birthday - its mine too.

The tele gets favourable reviews so there should be no probs there!

We have just installed the DLA-HD1 in our demo room at the shop and I can tell you now you won't be disappointed. Everyone we have shown it to so far has been gobsmacked by the picture quality, even with DVD sources such as the Arcam DV139 look absolutely stunning.

Happy birthday :smashin:

I look forward to reading what you think when you get it all setup. :cool:

Happy birthday Steve.

Had mine for a while now, and everytime I turn it on it feels like it's my birthday! Hope you find it as fantastic.

Well Guys

Parcel as arrived and :eek: its a BIG box

steve

Well Guys

Parcel as arrived and :eek: its a BIG box

steve

Happy Birthday :)

I'm sure it will be good. I generally find that you can trust the general consensus on the forums much more than the mags.

T.

ps.Where did you get it from?

Happy Birthday :)

I'm sure it will be good. I generally find that you can trust the general consensus on the forums much more than the mags.

T.

ps.Where did you get it from?

Hi Timbo,

Got it from CRT projectors for £3650, but would chose wisely because it would seem that JVC only offer a 12 month guarantee, and the extra guarantee that the retailers offer is done by them, and some retailers only offer 12 months,,
Just phoned JVC and that what I was told

12 month or 1000 hours on the bulb still

Steve

Happy birthday Steve, hope you enjoy your new present. I've just mentioned on the main thread that I use mine every day, and it never fails to impress me. Let us know how you get on :)

Hi Timbo,

Got it from CRT projectors for £3650, but would chose wisely because it would seem that JVC only offer a 12 month guarantee, and the extra guarantee that the retailers offer is done by them, and some retailers only offer 12 months,,

Steve

Good price.

So did CRT give you the 3 years, or just 12 months guarantee?

T.

Hi Timbo,

Steve

I feel that I should clarify this a little. JVC have two arms in the UK, Professional and Consumer. Consumer offer a three year projector/1 year lamp warranty whereas Professional offer a one year projector/90 days on lamp warranty. With the consumer version of the projector the price is slightly higher but the additional warranty is with JVC themselves rather than the dealer, which means that the customer has the choice of contacting either the dealer they purchased from or JVC directly in the event of a warranty claim in those 3 years.

when I asked Henry at CRT he said two years so thought he might have got it wrong, that's why I phoned JVC for some clarification and that what JVC said, so have sent Henry an e-mail,

as it stand some of your options are

Creative video £3650 with 1 year (told via e-mail )
ivojo £3744 with 3 years ( as advertised )
PJ HiFi £4200 approx 3 years ( told via email ) well know on forum as elliot and the one most people seem to using because of the personal service and because they got a preorder deal,

Think if I had the choice again would go with Ivojo, because cheap price, 3 years have them instock and forum sponsor

But made my choice

Steve

With the consumer version of the projector the price is slightly higher but the additional warranty is with JVC themselves rather than the dealer, which means that the customer has the choice of contacting either the dealer they purchased from or JVC directly in the event of a warranty claim in those 3 years.

Well talked to some one at JVC and he said that all guarantees are a standard 12 month and when I mention that there seem to be so many different option he said that the extra was something the retailer sorted,

Not that I doubt your word Ivojo, you would know more than most
Inside my box was a letter confirming the 12 months / 1000 hours bulb replacement so I don't know, would say that if a retailer was offering 3 years they would advertise the fact, as does Ivojo.

Was hoping to contact JVC with my serial and they would tell me but alas no :rolleyes:

Steve

Well talked to some one at JVC and he said that all guarantees are a standard 12 month and when I mention that there seem to be so many different option he said that the extra was something the retailer sorted,

Not that I doubt your word Ivojo, you would know more than most
Inside my box was a letter confirming the 12 months / 1000 hours bulb replacement so I don't know, would say that if a retailer was offering 3 years they would advertise the fact, as does Ivojo.

Was hoping to contact JVC with my serial and they would tell me but alas no :rolleyes:

Steve

Sounds like JVC have a left hand not knowing what the right hand is up to problem but I have managed to clarify things a little. The HD1 may be the first JVC consumer product to have the three year warranty. If I were to hazard a guess I would say this was introduced after JVC took a look at what everyone else in the market - except Panasonic - is offering. I have an email here from JVC consumer with the unit warranty and lamps warranty lengths (3 years and 1 year/1000 hour whichever first respectivley) from when I first raised this query with them about 6 weeks ago. I've asked them for something I can publish on here as soon as possible.

However(!) I should say that I do not know whether this warranty applies to all HD1 dealers or just a subset who have committed to certain quantities of the unit. I have confirmation from JVC that the units we sell have this warranty. I'm wording this a bit carefully because I must admit that I had assumed the 3 year consumer/1 year professional warranty was the same for all dealers but this was an assumption on my part so any purchaser should confirm these details with their dealer.

Thanks Ken,

Just had an e-mail back from My retailer who advertises he is a JVC dealer and he is still say my guarantee is 24 month :confused:
so I don't know, Like I said earlier would have been nice to quote a serial number and be told what your guarantee is be it Professional or other, like some other manufacture do.
Because he is quoting 24 month I would suspect it is not a consumer product, but why would it have the note regarding the bulb guarantee?
In the end would have gone for the slightly more expensive option if he had said that the guarantee was 12 months losing 24 month if in fact I do is not worth what I saved over some of the other prices.

Just hope I don't have to use it :(

Steve

Have you got it setup yet?

Hi Jay,
Not had chance yet will have a look later tonight and give my impressions,
One thing though this thing is a beast :eek: , it dwarfed my Domino 30h and the lens is massive, Hope to get some great images

Steve

Just had an e-mail back from My retailer who advertises he is a JVC dealer and he is still say my guarantee is 24 month :confused:

This is bizarre.

You've got some offering 3 years, others are 12 months, and now your's has said 2 years!

How confusing.

T.

Happy birthday Steve. Hope all goes well with your HD1 and that its fan is not too noisy for you!

Alan

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom