Today I learned (TIL)........

TIL that the Metro (Newcastle) is refusing to enforce the wearing of masks on public transport. Their attitude is that it isn't their job to enforce government public health policy, and so the government has to do it via the police.

TIL that the Metro (Newcastle) is refusing to enforce the wearing of masks on public transport. Their attitude is that it isn't their job to enforce government public health policy, and so the government has to do it via the police.

Maybe worried about extreme Karens

Two men were charged with attempted murder after a bus driver was assaulted and left brain dead for refusing to let a group of people who were not wearing face masks board the bus.

refusing to let a group of people who were not wearing face masks board the bus.
I’d say this attitude to the drivers and staff is widespread. Whilst you agree tk conditions when using public transport, the drivers in particular have no actual “authority” in the sense that somebody refuses to do as asked and what can they do? It’ll end in tears (or worse as above) so best to just leave it. I reckon Metro are supporting their stAff making that announcement. They have a hard enough time as it is to stop people getting on with things they shouldn’t now without adding something like face masks.

Last edited:
TIL.......that a car dealer's definition of "great condition throughout" and my definition, vary greatly :laugh:

TIL that if you Google translate Peter from French to English, it translates as "to fart", (try it yourself). Only realised when I translated an email from Amazon France and it said it would be delivered to "fart, Newcastle upon Tyne". Family think it is hilarious, I should have kept me mouth shut.

TIL that if you Google translate Peter from French to English, it translates as "to fart", (try it yourself). Only realised when I translated an email from Amazon France and it said it would be delivered to "fart, Newcastle upon Tyne". Family think it is hilarious, I should have kept me mouth shut.
I drive a Renault Wind and when I joined the French Forum the translation was I drive a Vent, they informed me that it was called a Wind in France but I still like the idea that I might drive a "fart" love Google translation.

On the one hand, this made my day, on the other, I don't actually know any 'Peters' to mock :(
Capture.PNG

It all makes sense now, I can see where the performer Le Pétomane got his name from :) I remember Leonard Rossiter playing him many years ago.

TIL that on the outside of our old training centre are two pale blue discs.

The first one, in line with the second floor, shows the 'eye height' of the pilots of a 747 when it's on the ground.

The 2nd, shows the 'eye height' when 'in the flare' on landing. See if you can spot it! 😲

Jumbo eye height discs - cranebank.jpg

I've been in and out of that building for around 16 years, before they closed it down, and only found out about those discs today!

The first one, in line with the second floor, shows the 'eye height' of the pilots of a 747 when it's on the ground.

The 2nd, shows the 'eye height' when 'in the flare' on landing. See if you can spot it! 😲

View attachment 1335949

I've been in and out of that building for around 16 years, before they closed it down, and only found out about those discs today!

top left hand corner, tho i assumed it was a gap in the clouds.. :blush:

I’m actually impressed that you know who John Calvin is...!

You'd be lucky if he knows who Calvin Klein is. Or Kevin Kline.

View attachment 1335949

I'm going for these
1595009978912.png

Top floor, first window in on the post? :)

Edit: damn it, snooze you loose :)

I'm going for these

Yep. In the flare, the gear is around 50ft or so below the flightdeck - quite amazing how we could control it all from our little ‘office’ upstairs. Absolutely loved flying that thing - will miss her for sure!

Qantas did a little tour this week with their last 747. Brought it to each major airport with a fly past or two so we could see it for the last time. Canberra yesterday was lucky last I think and off it went to the desert graveyard.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom