Today I learned (TIL)........

YIL about "Action Park", a slightly mental theme park in the USA with rides like this:

1593505640943.png

1593505673101.png

It was nicknamed "Traction Park" and "Class Action Park", given the number of injuries, including at least 6 deaths.

I also found out that my other half went and survived.

Today I learned this existed.
Probably used in some scary sci-fi movie tracks. (reminds me of Alien)

TIL that the tax office website here can’t cope with the number of people trying to do tax online this year.

Early on in the virus hoo-haa they announced we could claim a deduction of $0.80 (£0.446) per hour for working from home - without bothering to have a home office and splitting with private costs and keeping receipts etc..... our tax year ends on 30 June - so here we are on the first day to lodge returns and I suspect for the first time ever people are clamouring to do their tax return LOL :laugh:

(here the employer deducts tax like PAYE(G?) there, but we must lodge a tax return if we earned anything. If we don’t the taxman does no calculations but gets the earnings data from the employer and sends round the nice people with short necks and baseball bats ti help you with your return:rotfl:)

^^^ WFH full-time allows you to claim 1/4 of your household expenses, assuming you havce a dedicated office :)

^^^ WFH full-time allows you to claim 1/4 of your household expenses, assuming you havce a dedicated office :)

Oh really, its a dedicated spare room i use, was my mancave, now office, how does one go about claiming this?

Oh really, its a dedicated spare room i use, was my mancave, now office, how does one go about claiming this?

each company has it's own policy as far as I'm aware, as we've seen various emails from out place on how to claim it back, with us it's via our own expenses process...

each company has it's own policy as far as I'm aware, as we've seen various emails from out place on how to claim it back, with us it's via our own expenses process...

Ah yeah sorry, I was thinking about the tax claiming to, ours is all over the place as, if this continues and likely will be working from until new year, something needs to change!

Indeed :thumbsup:

80c deduction per hour worked is so simple - no wondering if you can claim for coffee made at home (you can’t normally) - the deduction covers everything. No need to have a home office either - working from bed is fine :)

Obviously if you bought new office furniture you would still use a method to claim the larger costs.

ISLAMABAD (AP) — The European Union's aviation safety agency said Tuesday that Pakistan’s national airline will not be allowed to fly into Europe for at least six months after the country’s aviation minister revealed that nearly a third of Pakistani pilots had cheated on their pilot’s exams.

An inquiry into a May 22 PIA crash that killed 97 people at the southern port city of Karachi resulted in the stunning revelation that 260 of 860 pilots in Pakistan had cheated on their pilots exams but were still given licences by the Civil Aviation Authority.

😱😱😱

@The Dreamer

TIL that I really should stop cutting my hair when I can feel a sneezing fit coming on. I ended up taking quite a chunk of hair out above my ear at grade1 length and so have had to match it up all round the sides and back.

Christ I look a right idiot :facepalm:

TIL that I really should stop cutting my hair when I can feel a sneezing fit coming on. I ended up taking quite a chunk of hair out above my ear at grade1 length and so have had to match it up all round the sides and back.

No pics, didn't happen 😂

Glad there’s nowhere to go out to because I will be self-isolating until it grows back a bit :)

I can't reach properly round the back to do it evenly now so it's got to stop like this. Also I find it impossible to hold a mirror in one hand so I can see the back via another mirror and then make my hand with the clippers go the right way :)

Had to take a selfy with my back to the mirror anything to give you all a laugh. It would be more acceptable if I was a youngster :D

oops.jpg

I can't reach properly round the back to do it evenly now so it's got to stop like this. Also I find it impossible to hold a mirror in one hand so I can see the back via another mirror and then make my hand with the clippers go the right way :)

Had to take a selfy with my back to the mirror anything to give you all a laugh. It would be more acceptable if I was a youngster :D

View attachment 1327282

Thought you had a flowery head band on there for a minute :laugh:

I can understand your desire to stay in for a few weeks :eek:

Think yours is bad? this is what I did first thing this morning, a combination of being half asleep, watching the news, not paying attention and rushing to get it done...

IMG_0750.jpg

...a complete dogs breakfast, probably the worst job I've made of cutting my own hair in about 25 years.

:blush:

Oh well glad it's not just me !!!

I can understand your desire to stay in for a few weeks :eek:

It doesn't help matters that I've broke up for a week and a half holiday now (first holiday this year). Bloody typical !

😱😱😱

@The Dreamer

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest - many countries around the world are run on corruption and nepotism. We might complain about our lot and the odd transgression here and there - but in many countries it's wholesale - basically, if you don't grease the right palms or aren't married to the right person, you have zero chance of climbing out of the gutter! And since that is the only way to progress, everybody does it! :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom