Today I learned (TIL)........

Originally, @imightbewrong wrote (quotation marks omitted for clarity): 'natch

the apostrophe ' means that there is a letter or letters missing, i.e. don't, won't, can't - the apostrophe shows an 'o' is missing, i.e. do not, wo (will) not, cannot.

Therefore, it can be assumed that 'natch is missing a letter. As you correctly state, that letter would be an 's'.

Of course, the apostrophe is used for other reasons within the English language, like showing ownership of words etc...but I shan't (shall not) bore you with that.

My work here is done. Until someone better at written English than then pulls my post apart and corrects me :rotfl:

I was a bit confused as I've always thought the adults looked the same, so I politely asked for clarification and then the Karen insults started. Both the Bird identification books I have going back decades confirm the same so I'm going with Karen on this one :laugh:

TIL...

Amazing, though I worry.
They like leafs hence made these over thousands of years in the forest which has now been uncovered.

Does this mean, humans have waded in, and royally screwed this up, and they are all going to die just do we can have some more printer paper and decking?

And then there won't be anything to stop the sand from being blown away.

Not sure how true this is, but if it is true, :eek:

yocisVw.png

It's strange, we were just telling the youngsters at work all about the 4 Yorkshiremen Sketch earlier this week. :)

I remember going from Cardiff to Barry Island in 1966/7 and passing the steam train grave yard, such a depressing sight as I'd been traveling from Somerset to London every term on the train from 1958 to 1962, more often than not pulled by one of the famous castle class. Fabulous locos, and still a lovely sight each summer when they're coming down on specials most weekends.

Last edited:
Not sure how true this is, but if it is true, :eek:

yocisVw.png

Whilst the hammocks below are, I'm sure more comfortable then laying over a single rope.
Personally I think I'd take the discomfort of the single rope than the pictures below.
You agree?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom