Today I learned (TIL)........

The only thing I can remember about my cap gun was the smell when you fired it. I have no idea what the gun looked like :)

I had a cap gun when I was younger. The caps would come on a reel which fitted inside the gun.
View attachment 1256191

I also had a rifle with a revolving chamber. It came with six bullets that you put caps in.
Who remembers cap bombs? I had these too. :)
View attachment 1256193

Yes, my memory was of paper rolls. Yearned for the red plastic ring type but only the privileged kids had those.

How many remember trying to fit loads of paper caps on top of each other in one of those plastic bombs in the hope that the result would be spectacular - it never was.

The red plastic ones were more potent, louder.

Surprised Amazon can sell them like that, maybe they shouldn’t be, because I think, like Christmas Crackers, they come under the firearms act and have to be age verified to purchase.

Cheers,

Nigel

I’ve got some here, and some 30 year old stink bombs:

F187B5D2-B29A-43E9-ABBF-85B6734A4645.jpeg

I bought the caps to demonstrate to the kids how you can make massive explosives. Unwind a reel and crease all the caps open; ie. fold the entire strip in half. Then wrap it around a 1p coin. Repeat with several reels to make a golf ball sized cap bomb. Then tape off the loose end. Chuck it hard on the floor somewhere safe and BOOOM!

Yeah, but the paper ones, you could just drag a small stone over a strip in one movement. :laugh:

TIL......That you can still buy cap guns.
Some here will not have a clue what these are so Google away.
I am well aware of that as a few years ago we had a Western themed function. I went as The Man With No Name, poncho, cap gun etc.

Unfortunately I learned, never take a cap gun to a water pistol fight.

Yes, my memory was of paper rolls. Yearned for the red plastic ring type but only the privileged kids had those.

How many remember trying to fit loads of paper caps on top of each other in one of those plastic bombs in the hope that the result would be spectacular - it never was.

The red plastic ones were more potent, louder.

Surprised Amazon can sell them like that, maybe they shouldn’t be, because I think, like Christmas Crackers, they come under the firearms act and have to be age verified to purchase.

Cheers,

Nigel
I also remember these caps that I used to get for the cap bombs :)

408DCA63-8B97-4109-ABBB-78B374CA3A49.jpeg

But I remember them being green paper

It says you can here, but I have no idea if 'wales online' is a joke publication or not, so follow at your own risk.

TIL that there's fun to be had reading questions and answers about products on Amazon as seen in the first 2 in the screenshot (it amused me anyway :) )

lantern questions.png

Recently I learned (and no idea why I never knew this before)

An imagine like this, and in movies/posters/artwork

Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus

maxresdefault.jpg

Simply is not true.

The time in earths history between the Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. 83 million years ish

Is greater, than the time between the Tyrannosaurus and humans. 67 million years ish.

So we are closer in time to Tyrannosaurus, than the Tyrannosaurus is to the Stegosaurus.
Why I never knew this before I don't know.

Last edited:
Recently I learned (and no idea why I never knew this before)

An imagine like this, and in movies/posters/artwork

Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus

maxresdefault.jpg

Simply is not true.

The time in earths history between the Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. 83 million years ish

Is greater, than the time between the Tyrannosaurus and humans. 67 million years ish.

So we are closer in time to Tyrannosaurus, than the Tyrannosaurus is to the Stegosaurus.
Why I never knew this before I don't know.

Nonsense. I saw a brilliant documentary about some guys getting chased around by a T-Rex in their jeep after they sat enjoying a cup of water, so your timeline is way out man.

Nonsense. I saw a brilliant documentary about some guys getting chased around by a T-Rex in their jeep after they sat enjoying a cup of water, so your timeline is way out man.
Yep and there was a documentary about cavemen and cavewomen battling dinosaurs in 1,000,000BC - so that timeline is wrong too :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom