Today I learned (TIL)........

rousetafarian

Reaction score
In an identical vein to the popular Reddit thread (TIL)......

TIL that the scratch-off panels on Lottery cards are made out of latex.

What one thing did you learn today?

Today i learned that you must have far too much time on your hands making threads like this ;).

In an identical vein to the popular Reddit thread (TIL)......

TIL that the scratch-off panels on Lottery cards are made out of latex.

What one thing did you learn today?
I take it you didn't believe me when I posted that in the thread you locked?

I take it you didn't believe me when I posted that in the thread you locked?

No, quite the opposite I do believe you but just didn't know it.

That no flights leave the airport between 00:00 and 05:00.

I always thought that flights were a 24 hour thing, mainly because of the ridiculous time that you have to wake up in order to get to the airport, check in and all that nonsense.

Does yesterday count??

YIL that, if you're sitting out side a pub enjoying the sun, look at your pint to check there isn't a wasp swimming around in it BEFORE you swill a mouthful :(:facepalm:

That no flights leave the airport between 00:00 and 05:00.

I always thought that flights were a 24 hour thing, mainly because of the ridiculous time that you have to wake up in order to get to the airport, check in and all that nonsense.

Depends on the airport.

Yesterday I learnt how to control a boat on the river :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407179867.671383.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407179867.671383.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 618
Yesterday I learnt how to control a boat on the river :)
Hey Newfie, that's no Newfie!

TIL that not doing as much as I should have today means I'm going to have far too much to do tomorrow.

Wait, is it possible to learn the same thing over and over...... o_O

TIL that shopping at Aldi is a financially rewarding experience and that I will be going there regularly from now on.

TIL that as I've just spent over £1,000 on a home gym I better get my ass into gear and get fit again. But one more night of beer and football can't hurt. Can it?

TIL you can start a car journey with '50 miles' left in the tank and end it, 40 miles later, with '60 miles' left.

Til that having an abcess removed surgically from my eye under local anethestic is incredibly painful. I want to be at home now boo hoo

Til that having an abcess removed surgically from my eye under local anethestic is incredibly painful. I want to be at home now boo hoo

Ouch. Get well soon.

Yep, it's only 'learnt' if he is posting from outside America. (TSL? :p)

Its 'learnt' in proper English and 'learned' in American English.

Today I learnt that if I need an emergency dentist appointment I can get one within hours if I pay for it privately, but the same dentist surgery will keep me waiting until Friday if I want it done on the NHS.

TNL (today Newfie Learned) that it's learned and not learnt. Sorry to be pedantic mate but every day is a school day ;).

Yep, it's only 'learnt' if he is posting from outside America. (TSL? :p)

Its 'learnt' in proper English and 'learned' in American English.

As in the classic Simpson's episode from Season 5, "Brother from the Same Planet":

Homer shows Pepe a wonder of modern technology: The automatic garage door. But it doesn't open all the way.
Homer offers to take Pepe home, but Pepe asks to see the stars. That evening, the two recline on the porch, admiring the stars.

Pepe: Tell me more! I want to know all the constellations.
Homer: Well, there's... Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan... the Cowboy.

Pepe: Oh, Papa Homer, you are so learn-ed.
Homer: Heh heh heh. `Learn'd', son. It's pronounced `learn'd'.

TIL that I should double check things as I ended up replacing a wheel bearing and turned out to be the bearing on the drive shaft:facepalm:

Today I learnt that an acquaintance of mine is on Kirsty Allsop's 'Fill your house for free' tonight on CH4.

One to miss. o_O

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom