Today I learned (TIL)........

TIL that French and Russian Helicopter designs have their main rotor turning clockwise, whereas others rotate counter-clockwise.

This in turn results is the situation where the Yaw pedals (which control the small rotor at the rear to compensate for torque on the main rotor) have to be used differently when applying power and adjusting the pitch of the main rotors for lift. In a US/UK helicopter, when applying power and lifting you compensate by pressing the left pedal to counteract the torque, whereas on a French/Russian helicopter you have to apply the right pedal to compensate. This makes it a bit tricky for a pilot to swap between 'makes' of chopper!

On a similar vein, UK pushbikes have their brakes setup the opposite way around to the rest of Europe, with the front brake on the right.

On a similar vein, UK pushbikes have their brakes setup the opposite way around to the rest of Europe, with the front brake on the right.
...and America, as a colleague found out.

Descending into Tiburon off the Golden Gate Bridge, he was approaching a hairpin a bit too fast and went for the brakes.

He had to have his jaw wired up and ate through a straw for the next couple of months!

Depends what you say though, and libel laws do exist. It's a lesson to us that you can't get away with spouting anything on social media. Expensive one for him I think. Thing is though, he was warned by a lawyer to take down the tweet. Had he done that, it wouldn't have cost him.
And I can't believe he's only got £20k. Practicing doctor, not a low paid profession is it? Plus his media contracts (Embarrassing bodies etc). You're not telling me he hasn't got a bob or two?

Seems like anyone can piss away vast amounts of money, if they are stupid enough to do that.
Or maybe these people aren't stupid at all, and are hiding away their wealth for tax purposes?
I read somewhere that Shane Richtie (or however you spell it) has been moaning about being broke since lockdown

Haven't watched Eastenders in years but the pay must be pretty good and I believe he has been in it for yonks

I guess like KP he must have been living beyond his means and splashing cash around like the Chav King Michael Carroll.

Why anyone would want to buy a mansion (don't know if Shane did) when they find themselves rich is beyond me as they cost so much to maintain

And why keep buying loads and loads of sports cars, you only have one arse, you can't drive them all at once

And why keep buying loads and loads of sports cars, you only have one arse, you can't drive them all at once

My Dad says that about lottery winners! “Why buy more than one? Can only drive one at a time!”

Yeah, but you could also say the same about shoes! Can only wear one pair at a time! But women have hundreds of pairs!

My Dad says that about lottery winners! “Why buy more than one? Can only drive one at a time!”

Yeah, but you could also say the same about shoes! Can only wear one pair at a time! But women have hundreds of pairs!
I watch this guy called Hoovie’s Garage on YouTube, he has loads of cars and some of them he gets for a smokin’ deal. The problem is, insurance and maintenance make it expensive. I guess multi millionaires would be ok with it though.

Having lots of shoes is an absolute necessity, as they need to match each dress perfectly 😆

Im not on a great salary, but live within my means and don't exactly scrimp - but I msnage to save each month
If someone doubled my salary (god knows why) I don't actually know what I'd spend it on. I think I'm designed to be poor :)

I don't have hundreds of pairs but I don't think I'm not like most women 😕

An ex of mine from years ago did say that cars depreciate in value really quickly so if you have lots of money they are not the best thing to invest in.

Property is more sensible and that's what he did.

I don't have hundreds of pairs but I don't think I'm not like most women 😕

An ex of mine from years ago did say that cars depreciate in value really quickly so if you have lots of money they are not the best thing to invest in.

Property is more sensible and that's what he did.
Yeah, I wouldn’t use cars as an investment as only a few end up being large money and usually have to wait 40+ years to see the gain.

But for pleasure? Oh yes.

Last edited:
TIL I've lost so much weight, since I had to have my mini sausage dog, Tilly, put to sleep on the 28th May as I'm finding it hard to eat much.

I was already slim but anyway.

Unfortunately the left strap of my summer dress fell down in Marks and Spencer's and I ended up exposing myself to a group of horrified onlookers! :blush:

Well, the poor women were definitely horrified!! :facepalm:

Yeah, I wouldn’t use cars as an investment as only a few end up being large money and usually have to wait 40+ years to see the gain.

But for pleasure? Oh yes.

A guy at my gym has 15 cars. He loves his cars and is a multimillionaire (not that he's so crass to talk about money, it's what I've heard from someone else). If I won the lottery, I'd probably have a fleet of fancy cars and motorbikes too. Why the hell not? :)

A guy at my gym has 15 cars. He loves his cars and is a multimillionaire (not that he's so crass to talk about money, it's what I've heard from someone else). If I won the lottery, I'd probably have a fleet of fancy cars and motorbikes too. Why the hell not? :)
My ex from long ago was tight then! :confused:

I’ve got loads of cars in GTAV Online but mostly drive the Karuma. HTH.

TIL I've lost so much weight, since I had to have my mini sausage dog, Tilly, put to sleep on the 28th May as I'm finding it hard to eat much.

I was already slim but anyway.

Unfortunately the left strap of my summer dress fell down in Marks and Spencer's and I ended up exposing myself to a group of horrified onlookers! :blush:

Well, the poor women were definitely horrified!! :facepalm:
Any pics? :love:

I'm not..

TIL. Bristol’s City Limits extend quite some way into the Severn Estuary

A3CB4B10-B031-4F5D-B310-DC923271BAD3.jpeg

Consequently the Constituency for Bristol NW represents a lot of fish

60A73A20-A4A8-4373-80D6-3DAB063C2792.jpeg

And the Mp Darren Jones seems an alright fellow

TIL: An annuity payment does not transfer to your spouse when you die.

TIL: An annuity payment does not transfer to your spouse when you die.

Not all - but as mentioned above it is an option

Depending on the terms of the contract, annuity payments will end after the death of the annuity owner. But annuities that have a death-benefit provision allow the owner to designate a beneficiary to receive the greater of either all the remaining money or a guaranteed minimum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom