Today I learned (TIL)........

mjn

Distinguished Member

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
TIL……if your driving sunglasses are too tinted, you could be looking at 6 points on your licence!!

You link was very clear (Not) I have glasses with light adaptive lenses and have no idea if they are legal or not. Not that it matters as I don't drive now but I did up to a 1000 miles a week.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
@MrFraggle - I wear polarised sun glasses with neutral tint if need be.
I wear varifocals with adaptive lenses without my glasses everything is a blur and I do find sunlight difficult.
Was looking to buy new lenses with the Transition Gen 8 coating but the well known high-street opticians wanted 400 quid which is three times what i paid elsewhere a couple of years ago.

Xenomorph

outoftheknow

You link was very clear (Not) I have glasses with light adaptive lenses and have no idea if they are legal or not. Not that it matters as I don't drive now but I did up to a 1000 miles a week.
The way I read it the light sensitive lenses aren’t suitable for driving since the modern windscreens filter the bits that darken them. So they won’t darken properly or maybe not at all. Not illegal as they aren’t too dark - just useless for protecting your eyes.

scottydog

Ahh I see, I have only ever used two lane sections, Edinburgh to Berwick Upon Tweed, and never had an issue mind you I was in a Sprinter which could shift, as my speeding fines can attest. :)
I was on this stretch of the A1 yesterday. There’s still about 15 miles of single lanes between Grantshouse and Berwick. Full of slow vehicles. It’s definitely loads better than it used to be though.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I was on this stretch of the A1 yesterday. There’s still about 15 miles of single lanes between Grantshouse and Berwick. Full of slow vehicles. It’s definitely loads better than it used to be though.
Is that not just a couple of miles though?

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
TIL……if your driving sunglasses are too tinted, you could be looking at 6 points on your licence!!

This reminded me of a chap I see the other day, He was driving with sunglasses and also a huge pair of headphones on. Proper Cans they were :confused: Doubt he'd hear much, even with no music playing.
Never a police car around when you see these nutters.

RebelScum

This reminded me of a chap I see the other day, He was driving with sunglasses and also a huge pair of headphones on. Proper Cans they were :confused: Doubt he'd hear much, even with no music playing.
Never a police car around when you see these nutters.
Or maybe…

676FB0B1-782A-4878-A291-F816B850E577.jpeg

Laureline

Yesterday I learnt that if you have a metal screen door on a South facing door, and the sun has been blasting it for about 6hrs then grabbing hold of the metal door handle will result in a palm that looks very similar to Indiana Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

TIL that it's "Lost Ark" not "Lost Arc"

Notorious PIG

No idea. Just grabbed it from the web. I think she’s a model for tic tac. Maybe from one of those expos.. tic tac replacing the sports car type of thing. Anyhow just to please you here’s a pic of Anneka Rice :smashin:
View attachment 1522986
She looks really pretty there.

I’m not sure exactly why, but I had a dislike for Anneka Rice in the 80s. It may have been because my parents didn’t like her, and her tv show ‘Challenge Anneka’ seemed boring and I didn’t understand the point of it.

Notorious PIG

Today I learned that the video for Freddie Mercury’s ‘Living On My Own’, filmed at his birthday party in Germany, was banned. God knows how long for, cos I’ve only just discovered it. And I really want his leggings and the jacket.

deantown

Distinguished Member

They need to build a motorway between Newcastle and Edinburgh, the A1 is a joke. Especially heading South.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day 2021: 21st-22nd June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim debuts Solstice turntable in special edition package
  • By Andy Bassett