Today I learned (TIL)........

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

jassco

TIL that the Metro (Newcastle) is refusing to enforce the wearing of masks on public transport. Their attitude is that it isn't their job to enforce government public health policy, and so the government has to do it via the police.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
TIL that the Metro (Newcastle) is refusing to enforce the wearing of masks on public transport. Their attitude is that it isn't their job to enforce government public health policy, and so the government has to do it via the police.
Maybe worried about extreme Karens

Two men were charged with attempted murder after a bus driver was assaulted and left brain dead for refusing to let a group of people who were not wearing face masks board the bus.

outoftheknow

Distinguished Member
refusing to let a group of people who were not wearing face masks board the bus.
I’d say this attitude to the drivers and staff is widespread. Whilst you agree tk conditions when using public transport, the drivers in particular have no actual “authority” in the sense that somebody refuses to do as asked and what can they do? It’ll end in tears (or worse as above) so best to just leave it. I reckon Metro are supporting their stAff making that announcement. They have a hard enough time as it is to stop people getting on with things they shouldn’t now without adding something like face masks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom