Today I learned (TIL)........

Does this work on your own car also?

Please say it does.
To be perfectly honest I have no idea if it works on a car, not having one myself and feel that car owners might not take kindly to me spraying their cars with a citrus mix that I am unable to answer your question.:)

Last edited:
Things that didn't exist the last time England reached the semi finals.

1. iPhones.
2. Facebook.
3. Croatia.

You learned that a small percentage of people in Milton Keynes have no manners, unless you met them all, in which case I apologise :)

I used to live in a small village just east of Buckingham, so MK was our major shopping centre, so I know what you mean :)

TIL that after buying a LG TV for the guest bedroom that ITV Hub Live isn’t supported.......bugger

TIL an 8ft storage container is 7ft 6in (2.27m) in height, but nowhere on the internet does it provide the dimensions for ground to internal floor height!

TIL that I am easily confused by scan and go system at Tescos - so much so that I walked out with 80 quids worth of shopping without paying. Luckily(?) they managed to find me before I drove off.

TIL that I am easily confused by scan and go system at Tescos - so much so that I walked out with 80 quids worth of shopping without paying. Luckily(?) they managed to find me before I drove off.

What’s difficult about it?

What’s difficult about it?

Its not difficult to use - it's just the way it breaks from traditional protocols.

So I went around, filled my basket full of stuff, scanning as I went. Then off I go to the self service tills where they did a spot check on me, all good. They load the transaction into one of the self service tills, and I start packing using the only space you have, which is the packing area of the self service till. The machine is constantly saying 'check bagging area', 'check bagging area'. The lady comes over and cancels the warning, but as soon and you start packing again, off it goes again. This went on the whole time I was packing, along with approvals for wine etc.

Anyway, but the time I've packed it all in and put it back in the trolley, the machine is still beeping and saying 'check bagging area', By this point, I've forgotten about paying altogether, my daughter is fed up and I just want to get out of there. The lady is running around the others tills canceling everybody check bagging area warnings.

I'm at the bottom of the travelator into the underground car park when the poor girls catches up with me.

Its not difficult to use - it's just the way it breaks from traditional protocols.

So I went around, filled my basket full of stuff, scanning as I went. Then off I go to the self service tills where they did a spot check on me, all good. They load the transaction into one of the self service tills, and I start packing using the only space you have, which is the packing area of the self service till. The machine is constantly saying 'check bagging area', 'check bagging area'. The lady comes over and cancels the warning, but as soon and you start packing again, off it goes again. This went on the whole time I was packing, along with approvals for wine etc.

Anyway, but the time I've packed it all in and put it back in the trolley, the machine is still beeping and saying 'check bagging area', By this point, I've forgotten about paying altogether, my daughter is fed up and I just want to get out of there. The lady is running around the others tills canceling everybody check bagging area warnings.

I'm at the bottom of the travelator into the underground car park when the poor girls catches up with me.

Eh?

When you use the scan and go, you just use the handheld once at the scan and go checkout. All the shopping is then transferred via wifi.

The self service is something else.

Eh?

When you use the scan and go, you just use the handheld once at the scan and go checkout. All the shopping is then transferred via wifi.

The self service is something else.

Yes, but the scan and go tills are the same as the self serve check out ones. If like me you've not bagged up as you went around, you need somewhere to put things into bags. The only space is the bagging area of the self service tills. This sets off the weight alarm every time you put something on it. It wasn't just me - they were all going off. They either need to have a different space for packing, or when you've loaded your transaction to the till, it turns off the bagging area scales. It was all a bit chaotic, hence the accidental walk out.

If like me you've not bagged up as you went around

Back up. Packing as you go is the huge advantage of scan as you go. Scan till, pay, leave Why are you packing twice ?! :)

I still don’t follow.......as above, why didn’t you bag as you went around?

Not TIL but YIL that car dealers are still trying the old “just to let you know we’ve just taken a telephone enquiry on this car, but we’ll give you first option as you’re here in the showroom.”

Does anybody actually fall for that?

Not TIL but YIL that car dealers are still trying the old “just to let you know we’ve just taken a telephone enquiry on this car, but we’ll give you first option as you’re here in the showroom.”

Does anybody actually fall for that?

I would have replied “then sell it mate! There’s thousands of cars out there” now about that huge discount that you are going to offer me..... :laugh:

Might want to spray with a citrus juice of some kind and you can also buy cat repellent I believe.

I can confirm after rubbing lemon juice along my fence and then watching the little shit from next door run across my garden and hop into my neighbour's garden to hide in the bushes and watch birds feeding that citrus juice doesn't work in keeping cats away...

...I can also confirm that after looking over my neighbour's fence and seeing said cat laying down, wondering which bird he wants to eat, then dumping half a pint of cold water all over him that a glass of cold water can make a cat move pretty quickly in a homeward direction :rotfl:

Back up. Packing as you go is the huge advantage of scan as you go. Scan till, pay, leave Why are you packing twice ?! :)

Mostly because the usual shopper is away on a 3 week work jolly to Italy. It was amazing that I remembered to take the sodding bags with me in the first place. The first time I tried this system a couple of weeks ago I forgot to zap the chorizo and they had to scan it all again anyway.

On the bright side - normal service will be resumed next week.

Mostly because the usual shopper is away on a 3 week work jolly to Italy. It was amazing that I remembered to take the sodding bags with me in the first place. The first time I tried this system a couple of weeks ago I forgot to zap the chorizo and they had to scan it all again anyway.

On the bright side - normal service will be resumed next week.

Thread :)

I would have replied “then sell it mate! There’s thousands of cars out there” now about that huge discount that you are going to offer me..... :laugh:

Pretty much what was said. I ain’t buying, so no stress for me. I was there for moral support.

TIL you can bring a 12v car battery to life after 6 years of no use.

TIL you can bring a 12v car battery to life after 6 years of no use.

Hmm. So first you go and get a storage container and now you resurrect an old car battery, presumably so you don't have to be seen buying one and leaving a trail. Smart move. Too many cctv cameras these days. You got a rat?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom