today i am mostly listening to... part 6

rpr

Yes, I saw RR on the BOZ tour in 81 I think. He was unforgettable. I still get goosebumps remembering him that night.
Without Lee there wouldn't of been much of a Blizzard Of Oz!

mark6226

I'm listening to a tremendous krautrock album now. Gaa Auf der Bahn Zum Uranus at dsd128. This is really one my favourite krautrock albums. Great guitars and balance to this album just make it so good.

rpr

Indeed. Did you see them?
Not with that line up, first saw Ozzy with Jake E Lee.
I first met Lee Kerslake backstage at Reading Rock festival and a few years later bumped into him and found we were then living round the corner from each other.

mark6226

A change of pace with Labi Siffre mavellous album, crying laughing loving lying.
A beautiful album from this highly talent artist.

mark6226

Not with that line up, first saw Ozzy with Jake E Lee.
I first met Lee Kerslake backstage at Reading Rock festival and a few years later bumped into him and found we were then living round the corner from each other.
Marvelous.

sebbykin

Distinguished Member
Bit of a love/hate thing with this song. Tonight love it :)

Going to play the rest of the album now...and I may even form a band :)

mark6226

Another slice of album perfection with Highway by Free. A sublime album
Quite a few years ago I saw PR at Nottingham theatre Royal. He had a super band with the excellent Geoff Whitehorn on lead. Most of Highway was played that night. They played an absolutely beautiful rendition of Be my friend. It could have been PK himself on lead. Afterwards PR gave heartfelt eulogy for his lost friend.
Unforgettable.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member

pRot3us

Distinguished Member

mark6226

Miles Davis Big Fun at dsd128. This is miles at his abstract best. Big fun is A truly wonderful slab of jazz abstraction from the master.

mark6226

I've been listening to music for the last four hours. At present it's PF Meddle at dsd128. It's an early vinyl version I picked up a very long time ago. Now it's streamed for comfort. This version is way better than any digital version both vinyl and Cd.
This is such a wonderful album that it cries out to hear the analogue version untouched by modern engineers adding things that were never there
Echoes is playing now. Such brilliantly conceived music from one of the greatest bands of all time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett