1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today At Dixons

Discussion in 'TVs' started by oscarmadfish, Oct 18, 2005.

1. oscarmadfish

oscarmadfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had a look in dixons today
    the LG 50x4d was on display with the HD feed looked fooking awesome but i have not got a clue what it looks like with something like sky
    price 3 grand which is steep in my book 2 grand and i would be tempted
    and bloody hell there was a panny on display 42pv500 using the dixons demo and it looked poor to me with blurry colour i hope this was the feed because the pv500 is what i am planning on getting
    price 2500 which again i think is to high 2 grand soon i hope

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    It is hard for hi-def to look bad but normal sky on alot of displays will look at best ok. At the moment I have a panasonic PW6 plasma for tv and a panasonic hi-def ae700 projector for movies etc both very cheap and way better then a very exspensive 50"

3. zin101

zin101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dont worry mate, the panasonic is runnin on a 50p s-video cable, the worst of its kind, i've seen it runnin next to the LG in high def and it is a hell of a lot better, good choice

4. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I was in Comet last night and they had a few HD LCD's hooked up to a small media centre type PC connection and the picture looked wonderful.

When I saw it I thought this is suspicious, too much sharpmess me thinks, only to find that it was an actual HD presentation at 720p with TV settings at normal, it just looked so damn good