today at currys

O

oscarmadfish

Panasonic TH37PE40B
1200 quid
seen one at dixons which stated it was HD ready
been checking about the web and not seen HD ready stated anywhere ???

i maybe did not make that clear enough :oops:
i know the difference i was trying to say that dixons say its HD ready but i cant find a review that says it is
i hope i have made that clearer :thumbsup:
thanks for your input anyway :smashin:

Dixons wouldn't know a HD-ready TV if one fell on their foot :rolleyes:

Nick_UK said:
Dixons wouldn't know a HD-ready TV if one fell on their foot :rolleyes:

agreed, they probly think if it has a scart socket the its hi def

:rotfl:

I went into Currys the other day to have a look at a TH42PV500 before buying one from a decent retailer. They had a 37" LG LCD on offer - the store manager told me that with my size room [17' x 24'], the addition eye movement needed to watch a 42" screen at that distance would be likely to cause headaches.

I guess all the film industry should have asked him before building all those IMAX cinemas - they could have all bought LG LCD's and saved millions...

htpc said:
I went into Currys the other day to have a look at a TH42PV500 before buying one from a decent retailer. They had a 37" LG LCD on offer - the store manager told me that with my size room [17' x 24'], the addition eye movement needed to watch a 42" screen at that distance would be likely to cause headaches.

I guess all the film industry should have asked him before building all those IMAX cinemas - they could have all bought LG LCD's and saved millions...

While his maths might be out (I haven't checked), he's not far wrong. Movies are a very different beast from watching TV. You don't watch movies all evening every day. Field of Vision for TV probably should be less than for movies. Which is why I prefer a projector for movies and a TV for, well, TV!

Having said that, your room does sound big enough to manage a 42" - how far back will you be sitting?

i think we are going slightly off subject here :rotfl:
HD or not is the question and if so very good value me thinks
if not a kick in the ass for dixons for poor service and misleading customers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom