To Wallmount or not??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cheechy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. cheechy

cheechy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

My current 6.1 setup consists of :

- KEF Q1's (might be too small) and a Kef Q9c at the front.
    - Mission M70s and M7c1 at the rear.
    - Yamaha RX450 Amp

My question is I'm not convinced I'm getting the best from the M70's at the rear. I've got them resting on two Cd/DVD cabinets behind the sofa at present but feel the sofa itself is impeding the sound. Would wall mounts help here?

I'm a little afraid that what I'll gain will be lost by taking away their contact with the floor.

Any advice / experience appreciated :thumbsup:

2. narcoticsuite

narcoticsuite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There should be no problem wall/shelf mouting the M70s. They are exactly the sort of speaker that you can wall mount and still get a good performance out of.

Speakers don't have to be in contact with the floor, the key is to have them on a rigid support.

I've recently put my AE Evo 1s on little shelves which I made myself out of a 1 inch thick piece of wood into which i have inserted upwards pointing spikes. The piece of wood is then bolted to a large heavy duty iron bracket which is screwed to the wall. I have them at ear height. If you want them mounted up a bit higher then you may wish to consider getting proper speaker brackets which tilt so that the speakers are firing down towards the listener. You will most likely have to screw the speakers to the brackets if you go for this option though.