To wall-mount an LCD set

Mike246

Established Member
Reaction score
Time for a new thread.

I decided that I want to wall-mount my new Tosh.

To do this so it looks cool, I will need to have a channel cut into the brickwork for the cables and set some trunking below plaster level.

Has anyone done this and can give some tips?

What you could do, instead of channelling out the wall is get some chrome pipe and run the cable down that. It too looks pretty cool.

I'm assuming you've got brick or maybe old 1930s grey block walls (like us), not dry-lined/plasterboard...

Trunking is easy to find.

I've done it for normal electrical wiring. No specific tips, other than:

- Go careful for the first few blows. If your house is old, you might find that the bricks start loosening. I'd give up at this stage and get someone in!
- Use a decent brick chisel and heavy lump hammer - it will make it much easier
- The dust will be a pain, so cover everything up.
- Electricians who do this sort of thing every day sometimes use a power tool to cut the channels out - saves time and is less stressful on the brickwork. It might be worth calling one up to see if it can be done as a quick cash job?
- When it comes to the plastering up, it depends on how noticeable the area will be. If it is going to be stared at a lot and not hidden mostly behind a rack etc, I would recommend getting a plasterer in. Nothing looks worse than bodged plaster.

HTH

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom