1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Astaroth, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Currently have a Panny S75 DVD player going through a Denon AVR 2805 into my Panny TX32PD30.

Having seen the price crash on the new S97 I have considered getting one until HD-DVD/ Blu-Ray comes about.

Ideally I would like to see sound and visions improvement - namely vision as the S75 doesnt do prog scan on PAL which all my current discs are. Am I likely to have any noticable improvements or is living with my S75 for another 2 years a better option?

Many thanks

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    All things considered and the fact that in 2 years as you say HD or Blu-ray will have become a more widely used format and the fact that at lest HD is backwards compatabile with normal DVD I would hold off and see what happens. DVD is not going to die over night, like VCR is still going. Also with the launch of HD or Blu-ray the prices of DVD players should drop if you then want to consider picking up a decent but more affordable player.